Marketing Senior Manager, Dermatology, Multichannel
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities!
Otezla is the leading treatment in the post-topical, pre-biologic segment in its approved indications. Otezla is currently approved for three indications in the U.S. - the treatment of patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis who are candidates for phototherapy or systemic therapy; adult patients with active psoriatic arthritis; and adult patients with oral ulcers associated with Behçet's Disease. Otezla has patent exclusivity through at least 2028 in the U.S.
Otezla offers many benefits including:
- A strong strategic fit with Amgen's long-standing expertise in psoriasis and inflammation
- A differentiated, oral therapy complementary to Amgen's existing inflammation franchise of innovative biologics and biosimilar products
- Acceleration of Amgen's near- and long-term revenue growth
Sales of Otezla in 2019 were $1.6 billion driven by strong volume growth. Amgen is focused on medicines that can deliver sustained, long-term volume driven growth and the company believes there is a substantial opportunity to grow Otezla through global expansion and new indications!
Bringing Innovative Medicines to Patients -- The number of patients suffering from chronic inflammatory diseases is growing worldwide. Amgen is a leader in this very large therapeutic category. Otezla is positioned as a therapy of first-choice in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis who are not satisfied with topical therapies given its differentiated mechanism of action and established efficacy and safety profile. In psoriatic arthritis, Otezla is positioned for use in patients early in their disease and/or with moderate joint involvement.
Expansive Geographic Reach -- Otezla is approved in 54 countries, including major markets such as France, Germany and Japan. Amgen is well positioned to continue driving Otezla international sales growth.
The Marketing Senior Manager will lead the execution of the strategy, including creative development of marketing materials to support the Otezla sales force, non-personal communication, dermatology congresses and Otezla speaker programs. In addition, this individual will deliver planning and execution of sales force meetings, develop brand-building marketing plans and supporting tactics to accelerate Otezla growth.
The person in this role will partner with Inflammation Nephrology Business Unit (INBU) matrix teams and key cross-functional partners when working on key brand projects.
This position will consist of agency and vendor management, as well as matrix management across Amgen's commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises.
- Lead creation of HCP promotional campaign
- Handle brand budget and closely monitor performance to ensure cost effective delivery of all deliverables
- Partner with matrix team to develop aligned, brand building tactics for personal and non-personal promotions
- Partner with internal staff and sales leadership to ensure activities are aligned to brand goals, strategies, growth drivers, and key messages, aligned with Material and Approval Compliance (MAC) guidance
- Collaborate with sales training to develop sales training materials and sales training plan.
- Support promo strategy development in partnership with cross-functional team
- Work with analytics team to execute primary and secondary research needed to develop strategy, programs, and measure expected returns/success.
- Work with medical, legal and regulatory to translate clinical data into compelling promotional messaging.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- MBA in marketing, healthcare management, or related subject area
- 2+ years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring campaigns for specialty products
- Record of growing responsibility within sales and marketing
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across partners to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure flawless execution
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Outstanding project leadership skills and experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing and executing clinical marketing programs
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility to adapt to evolving market dynamics
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.