We seek a temporary research associate who is a technically savvy, highly motivated and with excellent attention to detail to expand antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner using the Berkeley Lights Beacon B cell cloning platform (https://www.berkeleylights.com/).
- Become proficient with the entire single B cell cloning workflow from isolation of B cells using magnetic or sorting techniques, to screening for hits on the Beacon platform, to single B cell sequencing of hits identified on the Beacon
- Experience culturing a variety of mammalian cells, including primary, cancer and immune cells
- Develop a range of target specific functional assays such as FACS binding/blocking assays, ELISA, cytokine release, signaling, proliferation, cytotoxicity and reporter assays
- Translate and optimize functional assays on the Beacon platform, become proficient with software analysis tools for Beacon data and summarize clearly in presentations
- Meet regularly with project teams to discuss progress, discuss technical issues and troubleshoot to ensure project tracks with time lines.
- Generate and maintain a cell bank, including expanding, banking and tracking inventory
- Maintain equipment in biology lab including procuring accessories, setting up or renewing service contracts and serving as point of contact for equipment needs.
BS/MS in Biology, Immunology or related field with 3+ years hands-on industrial experience for Research Associate or 5+ years industrial experience for Senior Research Associate in small and/or large molecule drug discovery.
Experience developing, optimizing and executing a diverse range of cell based functional assays to characterize drug candidates
Experience culturing immortal and primary cells is essential, ability to perform immune cell isolations, immune cell staining and differentiation techniques is a plus.
Experience with FACS and plate based readers, with data analysis using FlowJo, SoftMax Pro and GraphPad Prism.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written or oral presentations is necessary along with a positive attitude and attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task, organize and execute a diverse set of activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure is essential.
Level commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com quoting reference number B20005 in the subject line.