Senior Scientist, Biologics
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor at ChemPartner, a leading Shanghai based Contract Research Organization specializing in drug discovery services. As more and more Pharma and Biotech companies look for alliance partners to increasingly provide intellectual contributions and exceptional technical expertise, ChemPartner is uniquely positioned to not only be a LifeScience CRO, but to be a pharmaceutical alliance partner. With a team of over 2000 experienced scientists, hundreds of western-trained pharmaceutical industry leaders, and experienced Pharmaceutical Executive Leadership at the helm, ChemPartner is aligned and dedicated to technically and strategically accomplish the research initiatives of Pharma and Biotech companies from around the world. Further information can be found on our website at www.chempartner.com
This position will be based at ChemPartner’s South San Francisco facility.
We are seeking a technically savvy, highly motivated scientist with excellent attention to detail to expand antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner using the Berkeley Lights Beacon B cell cloning platform (https://www.berkeleylights.com/). The candidate will lead functional cell based assay development, optimization and troubleshooting activities to support selection of single B cells secreting antibodies with desired functional properties. The incumbent will interface with clients to strategize on screening strategies, assess the technical feasibility of new functional assays on the Beacon and become an expert in upstream and/or downstream workflows to support identification of therapeutic antibodies through single B cell cloning. The individual will also be a project team leader, serving as liaison between the clients or collaborators and the Shanghai ChemPartner team by evaluating target biology, reviewing literature, providing key technical input and working collaboratively with the team to advance drug discovery projects. The successful candidate must possess a combination of strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a geographically diverse team across a broad range of biological targets and therapeutic areas.
ChemPartner offers a strong compensation package including salary, 401(k) and comprehensive benefits.
- Become a subject matter expert and super-user on the Beacon platform, expanding capabilities, troubleshooting issues and executing workflows
- In close collaboration with clients and collaborators, draft bespoke B cell cloning proposals that will be executed from ChemPartner’s South San Francisco site
- Lead cross functional drug discovery teams, including coordinating meetings, presenting technical updates to clients and documenting discussions and action items in minutes
- Meet regularly with project teams to discuss progress, troubleshoot technical issues and ensure project tracks with time lines
- Develop new target specific functional assays to expand capabilities on the Beacon platform including cytokine release, proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- Manage and mentor junior level scientists and visiting scientists from Shanghai in executing the B cell cloning workflow on and off the Beacon, assay development and troubleshooting efforts
- Manage daily biology lab activities, including managing, maintaining and procuring equipment, setting up service contracts, performing biology lab safety audits and serving as point of contact for biology labs and equipment needs
- Support Business Development efforts by presenting ChemPartner B cell cloning, Biology and/or Biologics capabilities to new clients
Ph.D. with 5+ years industrial experience or MS/BS with 12+ years industry experience in small and/or large molecule drug discovery with expertise in immunology, molecular biology, biological sciences or related field.
Highly motivated scientist with demonstrated ability to develop, troubleshoot and execute cell based functional assays, including immune cell assays.
Experience isolating and culturing primary cells, including B cells and PBMCs is a plus.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in English. Ability to communicate in Mandarin would be advantageous, although not imperative.
Ability to multi-task, with strong attention to detail, and precisely execute a diverse set of activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number B20002 in the subject line.