AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
The Scientific Director oversees the direction, planning, execution and interpretation of clinical trials or research activities of a clinical development program. Participates in cross-functional teams to generate, deliver and interpret high-quality clinical data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
First class team player : collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Manage the design and implementation of one or more clinical development programs in support of an overall Product Development Plan, based on strong medical and scientific principles, knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, AbbVie's customers, markets, business operations and emerging issues. Oversee project-related education of investigators, study site personnel and AbbVie study staff.
- Have overall responsibility for oversight of clinical studies, monitoring overall study integrity and review, interpretation and communication of accumulating data pertaining to safety and efficacy of the molecule. Along with Clinical Operations, is responsible for oversight of study enrollment and overall timelines for key deliverables.
- Be responsible for design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of scientific content of protocols, Investigator Brochures, Clinical Study Reports, regulatory submissions and responses and other program documents.
- Potentially oversee the work of Associate or Assistant Scientific Directors and of Clinical Scientists working on the same or related programs.
- Provide in-house clinical expertise for the molecule and disease, coordinating appropriate scientific activities with internal stakeholders as they relate to ongoing clinical projects. Participate in due diligence or other business development activity. As required by program needs, contribute in partnership with Discovery colleagues to design and implementation of translational strategies.
- Serve as required, on a Clinical Strategy Team (CST), with responsibility for development of a rigorous, cross-functionally-aligned, vetted Clinical Development Plan with full consideration of contingencies and alternative approaches.
- Act as a clinical interface and actively solicits opinion leader interactions related to the molecule and disease area; partners with Medical Affairs, Commercial and other functions in these activities as required, consistent with corporate policies, to ensure that broad cross-functional perspectives are incorporated into Clinical Development Plans and protocols as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of professional information and technology through conferences, medical literature and other available training, to augment expertise in the therapeutic area.
- Be responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements related to the clinical studies and global drug development and accountable for complying with those requirements. Serve as a clinical representative for key regulatory discussions.
- Ensure adherence to Good Clinical Practices, pharmacovigilance standards, standard operating procedures and to all other quality standards in conducting research.
- PharmD, MS or PhD with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment.
- The ability to provide input and direction to clinical research with appropriate supervision.
- At least 4 years of clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, or equivalent.
- The ability to oversee a clinical research program of moderate complexity with minimal supervision.
- The ability to perform and bring out the best in others on a cross-functional global team.
- The ability to interact externally and internally to support a global scientific and business strategy.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory and compliance requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development of clinical strategy and the design of study protocols.
In this role, we're looking for a leader who will :
• Act as an Owner
• Be Excellence Focused
• Act as an Influencer
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.