Director, Rheumatology HCP Marketing
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through exciting assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities!
The Director, US Marketing is a key member of the US Commercial Team; focused on successful brand management and maximizing the commercial potential of Amgen's future leading Inflammation asset, apremilast, in rheumatology.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and implements brand strategy for continued growth in psoriasis market
- Effectively interacts with sales leadership to maximize impact with target customers
- Develops and enhances strong relationships with important external partners/KOLs
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to drive marketing strategy and performance via cross-functional teams (i.e. Market Research, Medical Affairs, Sales, Reimbursement)
- Partners with Managed Markets and Trade to develop and execute pricing, contracting and pull through strategies
- Find opportunities with patient support programs to ensure ease of access and maximize patient success
- Plans and executes programs at National and Regional Sales Meetings to drive brand objectives and maintain a highly motivated sales team
- Engages in and interpret ongoing market research projects to validate promotional direction for the brand.
- Partners with Medical Affairs to develop & execute KOL advocacy strategy and prepare market for launch
- Identify and implement LCM plan
- Assumes responsibility for directing and supervising all third party contractors and vendors to ensure maximum return on investment
- Handles allotted budget while maximizing effectiveness of resources and funds
- Ensures that the marketing processes, programs, and internal reports are developed, implemented, and efficiently administered to be consistent with corporate guidance and all regulatory, legal, ethical guidelines
- Heads the selection, compensation, appraisal, coaching and feedback, training, developmental process for product managers within his/her department
- Leads a 2-3 member team focused on HCP strategy and promotion
- Develops and implements annual business & marketing plans
Doctorate degree and 4 years of marketing experience
Master's degree and 6 years of marketing experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of marketing experience
- 8+ years industry experience with 5+ years of marketing/equivalent experience
- 3+ years of immunology experience
- Sales and/or commercial/analytical background
- Launch experience
- Established track record of effective people management including coaching and development planning
- Ability to lead strategically, drive performance, and act collaboratively
- Understands US reimbursement environment including Governmental programs, as well as key drivers for patient access
- Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of dynamic and influential presentations
- Showing initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Strong project/process management skills combined with handling multiple tasks/effective prioritization
- Ability to interact with, influence and provide direction to various functions
We understand that to sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we will ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.