Associate Director, AWS Engineering
This is an opportunity to become an integral part of the AWS Cloud team that builds and manage the next generation of the Cloud platform here at Regeneron. Our Cloud-First vision empowers our engineers to use cutting edge tools to enable Regeneron to successfully discover, develop and manufacture a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide. Partnering with business, other information technology and scientific teams, you will help manage operations of AWS hosted infrastructure and aid the migration of the enterprise workload. You will help drive standardization of operational processes, procedures and tools for various Regeneron cloud services. This role reports to the Director of the IT Enterprise Services team .
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Manage end to end life cycle DevSecOps for AWS hosted infrastructure and migration of enterprise workload.
- Be a Cloud Subject Matter Expert identify best practices and drive standardization, wherever applicable, of operational procedures for various Regeneron cloud services.
- Drive the development and use of new and self-service tooling to support the operating model for the Regeneron cloud.
- Collaborate with Regeneron engineering to architect and deliver business solutions through a cloud-native environment.
- Build, manage and scale cloud orchestration platforms using the latest open-source technologies and help manage standards and guard-rails for cloud environments.
- Support Continuous Security Compliance FinOps and Cost Optimization.
- Use configuration management, orchestration, and management tools to ensure cloud environments meet operational and security standards.
- Partner with our Information Security team on the identification, analysis, and mitigation of risks related to Cloud Services.
This job might be for you if you:
- Are a self-starter who enjoys rolling your sleeves up to get the job done
- Want to support our team in producing the highest quality medicines for patients as efficiently as possible and thus changing people's lives.
- Want to foster a culture where continuous improvement is not just metrics - it's a mindset for everyone to do better every day.
To be considered for the Associate Director, AWS Engineering role, you should be a strong communicator with a Bachelor's Degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 8+ years' experience of supporting production corporate infrastructure environments. 4+ years of managing AWS or similar environment. Expertise in AWS IaaS Services i.e EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, VPC, SNS, Auto Scaling, etc. Experience in using Python or similar scripting language, implementing Infrastructure as Code using Ansible or similar. Should have used Cloud Management and Monitoring tools. Knowledge of cloud security principles and best practices and cloud networking like DNS, SG, NACL, firewalls a big plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.