Senior Reliability Plant Engineer
- Responsible for providing technical and engineering expertise to maximize site equipment availability, reliability and reduce maintenance costs through system and process implementation.
- Develop and establish strategies and methods that improve preventive maintenance processes and procedures resulting in enhanced equipment performance.
- Technically support all aspects of maintenance operations while ensuring compliance with SOPs, cGMPs, safety procedures, quality standards, OSHA standards, other regulatory agency standards, good maintenance practices, and corporate initiatives.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise for equipment and process improvement initiatives using simple and advanced problem solving techniques.
- Facilitate and participate in equipment based Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) investigations.
- Evaluate CMMS work order data for repair trends and chronic issues.
- Recommend corrections to existing equipment conditions to move towards a "World Class" maintenance organization.
- Review PM and corrective work order activities and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Complete engineering assessment and design for corrections/modifications for multiple small projects to resolve RCFA findings.
- Represent Facilities/Maintenance Department projects and work with Project Engineering to facilitate requested project implementations.
- Work closely with process engineers and/or production to resolve human root or systemic problems identified with RCFA.
- Utilize Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis (RCM), Weibull analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Pareto analysis, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), HAZOP analysis, Age Exploration Process (AE), Six Sigma (Process Excellence) and predictive technologies etc.
- BS degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience within a maintenance and engineering organization is required.
- Experience in BioPharma or Pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
- Industry experience (preferably as a Maintenance or Reliability Engineer ) with preventive and predictive maintenance programs is preferred.
- Preferred candidate should have hands on experience working with equipment and systems as a shop mechanic, technician, or plant engineer.
- Knowledge of instrumentation, mechanical engineering and maintenance practices
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers and shop craft-persons.
- Ability to instruct craftsmen and provide on the job training.
- Prioritizing multiple commitments and technical problem solving ability.
- Ability to shift priorities according to changes in departmental/facility needs and be open to different ideas/approaches.
- Be highly motivated, show initiative, and work well independently or in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead through influence and leadership skills in consensus and team building across functions and levels in the organization
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Process Safety Management elements, especially Change of Design and Quality Assurance/Mechanical Integrity
- Demonstrated skills in using a wide range of computer systems and software such as Microsoft Office Suite, reliability analysis software, and computerized maintenance management systems
- Small capital project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze equipment failures using personal knowledge and internal and external resources.
- Internal to Pfizer, the position requires regulatory compliance, safety, gowning, interstitial space access, GMP document viewer, CMMS, technical writing, visitor control, documentation practices, contractor qualification, investigation system, master maintenance program, master calibration program, master engineering program, engineering drawing change control, change control, commitment tracking system, new hire orientation training, and others as required or requested.
- Externally, the position may require training to achieve predictive maintenance certifications for condition monitoring techniques, use and facilitation of RCFA, RCM, FMEA, and other analysis methods. Additional training to utilize systems such as a CMMS system and other software tools used to support the operation.
- Physical Demands: standing, walking, climbing stairs, lifting / lowering up to 50 lbs, desk/ computer work.
- Work Environment: Area safety precautions and requirements must be adhered to.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations as well as complex data analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to support a 24 hour x 7 day operation including weekends and holidays as required.
- After normal business hours, weekends, and some travel required as needed to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Last Date to Apply: October 30, 2020
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligib le for Relocation Package
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.