Bioinformatics QC Engineer – (6 Month Temporary to Hire)
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Bioinformatics QC Engineer to help continue advancing PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
What you will do:
Working in bioinformatics group and collaborating with software engineers with a primary focus on validating of our bioinformatics algorithms for neoantigen-targeted T cell therapy against cancer:
- Work with the algorithm development team to understand functional specifications, identify and design test cases for sequence analysis software including alignment, variant calling, annotation, neoepitope prediction, and truncality modules.
- Execute complex testing, perform in-depth statistical analysis, and interpret results to ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in clinical settings.
- Report, track, and escalate anomalies discovered during all testing phases and ensure closure on issues.
- Provide written documentation and specifications of testing strategies, QC metrics, and testing results.
- BS or above in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience. Master degree preferred.
- Experience with NGS sequencing platforms, such as Illumina HiSeq/NovaSeq.
- Strong understanding of standard bioinformatic approaches for NGS sequencing data, including alignment, variant calling, and file formats (VCF, BED, SAM/BAM).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with software development/QC programming and scripting languages such as Python, Java, Shell scripting, and R in Linux environment.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in unit testing, and integration testing of verifying algorithms and workflow.
- Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to work across functions to ensure successful integration testing.
- Industrial experience with regulatory-compliance environments, i.e. SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA, is a plus.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle is a plus.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.