Director/Senior Director, Business Development
About the Company
Pinetree Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech startup developing bispecific antibodies for cancer therapy. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of therapeutic antibodies to treat drug resistant cancers and immune disorders and create the next generation of transformative medicines for patients. We are a group of highly motivated, dedicated professionals working collaboratively in a multi-facetted team with the ultimate goal to improve patient care. Pinetree Therapeutics is located in the heart of Cambridge biotech, Kendall Square. If you are looking to join a dynamic team serving this ever-important mission, then Pinetree is the place for you!
Pinetree is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Pinetree will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Join us for career training and development, an exceptional work environment, a sense of community, and allow us to reward you for your accomplishments. Pinetree Therapeutics offers highly competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with a generous company match.
We're seeking a Business Development professional (Director or Senior Director) to play a leadership role in developing and expanding our growth and value creation opportunities including partnerships, alliances, out-licensing deals and in-licensing and acquisition of novel therapeutics from various sources and other collaborations. The candidate will play a key role in prospecting, sourcing, evaluating, structuring, and negotiating deals in line with the company's business development. This role will report to the CEO at Pinetree Therapeutics.
- Help develop and implement partnering strategy with biotech/pharma companies, universities, and non-profit organizations for Pinetree Therapeutics.
- Identify licensing and acquisition opportunities for novel therapeutics and executing deals.
- Engage and lead internal and external people and resources to demonstrate Pinetree Therapeutics’ advantages to external partners such as academic institutions, non-profit organizations and biotech/pharmaceutical companies.
- Identify and develop new strategic collaboration opportunities to help Pinetree Therapeutics achieve its scientific and corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure Pinetree Therapeutics’ collaborations are coordinated across functions and aligned to overarching partnering strategy.
- Lead outreach and negotiations of these collaborations with both internal stakeholders and stakeholders to close the alliance deals and manage the relationship.
- Evaluate alliance and partnership trends and provide analysis and recommendations to management.
- Complete negotiations and transactions for R&D and clinical collaborations.
We seek candidates with a passion for building a creative company culture that is collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to make a transformative impact to our industry. To be successful in this role, we look for passion in scientific innovation, adept business skills, and excitement about working in a dynamic startup environment. A demonstrable track record of success in functioning as part of a project team is essential.
- 5+ years of relevant biotech/pharma industry experience in a corporate strategy or business development role and with a strong background in science.
- knowledge of next-generation biologics and an extensive network of relevant industry contacts.
- Knowledge and experience in oncology, immunology and/or cell therapy preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of negotiating and closing a wide range of business agreements including partnership, joint ventures, licensing agreements, co-promotions, strategic alliances and other types of corporate ventures.
- In-depth understanding of how business strategies and decisions impact financial, operational, and sales results.
- Strong leadership qualities and desire to grow and lead a team.
- Business acumen and ability to negotiate deals.
- Experience working across different R&D and delivery functions within an organization to meet corporate development goals.
- An approach that is hands-on, results oriented, and resourceful.
- Cross‐functional working experience in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and eagerness to learn new things.
- A Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in a life science-related field is preferred but not required.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Pinetree does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Pinetree, and Pinetree will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.