Program Leader Patient Services
Program Leader Patient Services
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Program Leader, Patient Services, Rare Diseases, contributes to the daily operations of the Patient Services organization supporting the Rare Diseases BU. The purpose of this role is to help the Head, Patient Services ensure the smooth operation of patient-centric support capabilities to help patients gain and maintain appropriate access to Ipsen products and to support them through their journey in a most appropriate, compassionate, ethical and compliant way.
Specifically, this role supports the activities of the Patient Services function, including external vendors, to ensure processes are developed, implemented and managed to ensure Ipsen delivers a high level of patient services through effective and efficient operations. In addition to supporting and coordinating the ongoing performance of this function, the incumbent is also responsible for managing a variety of assigned projects, both planned and ad-hoc, including administration of the Ipsen Patient Ambassador Program.
The Program Leader works collaboratively across functions within and outside the Rare Disease Business unit to ensure efficient and effective systems and processes. This is a process-intensive role and requires program and project management skills and abilities as well as a customer-service mindset, and business process, and problem-solving skills. Building and managing of technologies is not an accountability of this role; however, it must have sufficient technology acumen to interact with others accountable for relevant technologies.
Incumbents in this role, as all other employees, are fully accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen activities.
Main Responsibilities / Job Expectations
- Support the Head, Patient Services to build, design, implement and manage patient-centric and appropriate patient services to help patients gain and maintain appropriate access to Ipsen products and to support them through their journey in a most appropriate, compassionate, ethical and compliant way.
- Work closely with internal functions and external suppliers and vendors, where appropriate, to ensure optimal service levels and corrective actions where needed.
- Identify and support implementation of program/workflow enhancements that improve the overall customer experience.
- Work closely with other Ipsen functions accountable for technologies deployed to enable Patient Support Services.
- Ensure proper documentation of all processes through the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and process mapping.
- Provide administrative support for the Patient Ambassador Program.
- Partner with training resources to ensure customer facing teams are knowledgeable about program, services and procedures.
- Partner with others to develop and maintain a well-documented and integrated end to end view of the processes involved, including flows, responsibilities and information handling.
- Characterize the data flows and content shared across processes and apply legal, compliance and ethical requirements regarding information security, integrity and privacy.
- Monitor regular operations and identify opportunities for enhancements in quality of customer service, interactions, speed and/or compliance.
- Support an ongoing data monitoring program to check for data accuracy, completeness and integrity. Address or recommend corrective actions with appropriate urgency.
- Ensure all assigned projects are completed effectively, in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Track, analyze and communication of key performance indicators.
- Act in full compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
- Utilize only approved resources and messages to meet goals and targets.
Functional Competencies (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities)
As a key member of the Patient Services function, the incumbent is expected to have, develop and apply the following functional competencies to a medium-to-advanced level of proficiency:
- Project Management
- Business Analytics and Insights
- Customer Understanding, especially Patient
- Operational Planning
- Customer Engagement
Anticipate when functional course correction is required and make adjustments with a sense of urgency
- Respect each other and all our stakeholders
- Empower others
- Respect & be open to inclusion and diversity
- Enable feedback and foster a speak-up culture
- Embrace cross-team collaboration
- Be transparent and share information
Collaborate across the organization to ensure objectives are met and resources reassigned if required
- Be proactive, creative, flexible and adaptable
- Listen and be open to views and needs of all external stakeholders
- Seek transformation through innovation
Drive for optimal customer service and experience
- Be accountable and responsible
- Set clear expectations and prioritize
- Be results and value driven, as well as task-oriented
- Attention to detail
- Bring solutions
- Seek continuous improvement to be better always
- Own our Company Social Responsibility strategy
Help the organization deliver results and minimize risks
- Walk the talk & talk the walk
- Ensure that we make ethical decisions, stay compliant at all times
- Never compromise on quality
- Care for our employees, patients and society and the environment
We drive to win together
- Be entrepreneurial
- Fast in turning our ideas into action; be agile
- Be demanding of ourselves as we strive for success
- Believe in making a difference
- Celebrate success
- Enable talent inclusion and diversity
Experience and Education
Incumbents should have, as a minimum:
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA preferred
- 5 - 8+ years of prior Pharma/Biotech experience, including patient services/operations experience
- Rare-disease experience preferred; product launch experience a plus
- 3+ years' experience in business process analysis and design, including experience in flow diagramming, and process documentation
- Knowledge of Agile and/or Six-Sigma methodologies a plus
- Excellent project management skills; PMP certification a plus
- Management consulting experience (internal or external) a plus
- Proficiency in patient reimbursement processes (e.g. benefit verification, prior authorization, specialty pharmacy, etc.)
- Comfort and aptitude for driving solutions involving information technologies
- Ability to work rapidly and flexibly within resource constraints
- Excellent organization and project management skills; attention-to-detail and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, seek answers and drive to solutions across multiple internal departments
- Demonstrated passion for patients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of HIPPA and patient privacy regulations
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative goals
Other Useful Information
- Key Internal stakeholders: Head Patient Services, Head Care Coordination, Care Coordinators, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, Safety, Finance, IT, Business Operations, Value & Access, Communications,
- Key External contacts: External vendors, Patients, Caregivers
- Financial budget:
- Number of direct reports:
- Travel: +/- 10% Domestic and International may be required
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned. All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.","datePosted":"2020-10-15T00:00:00.000Z