Sr Manager, Commercial Analytics & Insights
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics & Insights will drive the overall analytics effort for our Rare Disease medicines: RAVICTI, PROCYSBI, ACTIMMUNE, and BUPHENYL. This position will include (but is not limited to) responsibility for the development and management of the brand forecast, creation and evaluation of strategic initiatives, proactive and ad-hoc analytics, and supporting primary and secondary market research. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for tracking Rare Disease brand performance against key performance indicators, comparing performance to the forecast, and reporting metrics and insights to senior leadership. The Senior Manager will collaborate with other Horizon teams - including sales, market access, and marketing - to evaluate opportunities to drive growth for the brand.
Success in this position will require a-problem solving orientation, data analysis expertise, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team. The ideal candidate will have proven success in managing multiple complex pieces of data analysis and translating that analysis into actionable commercial insights.
- Forecasting: Oversee forecasting process across the Rare Disease business unit, leveraging primary and secondary data to construct accurate and actionable forecasts for all brands. Collect input and assumptions from various teams within the organization, including sales, marketing, and market access. Define opportunities and risks associated with the forecast.
- Performance management: Refine Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the commercial success of the Rare Disease brands, and track those indicators in a comprehensive brand dashboard. Establish standard cadence of KPI review. Synthesize data and insights to explain any deviation in performance from forecast, and suggest strategic levers to address these deviations.
- Data analysis: Serve as a thought leader within the organization. Develop proactive and ad-hoc analyses, identifying additional insights from trends that impact the business. Identify and communicate new operational levers that can improve the business.
- Communication: Effectively communicate results of forecast, KPI assessments and analyses to senior leadership. Use internal communication opportunities to influence action to improve brand performance. Support external communication of forecast and financial results by preparing Rare Disease materials for key external stakeholders and meetings.
- Coordination with vendors: Act as key Rare Disease Analytics liaison with data vendors. Collaborate with internal Data Science team, consulting partners and other external parties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in Analytics, Business, Economics, Statistics, Math or other quantitative discipline.
- 7-10+ years of experience in finance, data analysis, strategy consulting or other quantitative fields.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically, identify key issues, opportunities, and value drivers, and effectively translate strategic insights into an appropriate analytical framework to drive business decisions.
- Ability to prioritize decisions and activities, ensure efficient use of resources, and take a holistic view of the business in order to ensure efficiencies and alignment with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Forward-thinking, with strong ability to influence multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and demonstrate strong teaming and partnering skills.
- Experience in biotech / pharmaceuticals preferred but not required.
- Direct experience with forecasting is a plus.
- Expert at: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency in: SQL, SAS, Access, and other analytical / reporting tools.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.