Sr Manager, R&D Program Management
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The R&D Program & Project Management group is a function within the R&D organization to support corporate objectives on development program growth. The Senior Manager, Program Management will establish and lead cross-functional product development teams. This person will interact with, and influence senior internal and external stakeholders. In addition, they will provide input to the program prioritization process and participate in other key strategic business portfolio processes to ensure that the development programs being funded meet the business' strategic objectives. The Senior Manager, Program Management will make launch date commitments for products based on Horizon team stakeholder's approvals and manage stakeholder expectations with regard to Horizon's deliverables during drug development process.
- Planning and operational oversight for the preclinical and early clinical R&D programs
- Define and use processes and tools to ensure the successful planning and delivery of preclinical R&D programs
- Lead and manage the projects effectively and to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, and to agreed quality standards.
- Conduct team meetings with internal and external stakeholders; develop agenda, meeting minutes, and action items for team members.
- Responsible for identifying critical project issues and risks, and timely communication to senior leadership
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate
- Act as point of contact for project reporting & updates
- Interacts through program updates and reviews with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders. Continuously interacts with all functions ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Updates dashboard for assigned projects and presents updates to senior management.
- Facilitates program budget estimation and business case development, rolls up budget estimation information as needed for communication purposes
- Drives use of Project Management Methodology throughout projects.
- Leads team in risk management approaches and systems. Responsible for making decisions regarding the appropriate risk when there is substantial project or program impact
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 5+ years' experience in program/project management and reporting
- Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical/biotech R&D industry experience, with knowledge of clinical and regulatory requirements for development assets and programs
- PMP certification highly desired and familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Experience in and FDA regulated environment is highly desirable.
- MBA preferred
- Experience implementing and enhancing consistent program and project management best practices to ensure delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations
- Be able to work cross functionally across all areas in the organization and with all levels of management and staff
- Proven success leading cross functional projects to successful (on time, on budget) milestone completion in this industry.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.