We are looking for a customer service oriented individual to join our team as a CAD Operator. As part of an engineering support group, the CAD team produces and maintains design drawings, piping & instrumentation diagrams, wiring diagrams, equipment layouts, and architectural drawings for fabrication and Technical Operations projects. We support the entire site through a variety of tasks including proposal drawings, red line mark ups, and sketches.
In this role, a typical day might include:
- Setting priorities for editing and creating engineering drawings in CAD format based on red-line mark ups and sketches.
- Creating drawings, updating associated metadata, and coordinating workflows in an electronic document control system.
- Producing and distributing architectural and engineering prints in support of manufacturing operations, regulatory filings, validation projects, and engineering projects.
- Developing and implementing drafting standards and use of standard object libraries across all IOPS (Industrial Operations and Product Supply) sites.
- Performing field verification of installed equipment and systems and generates "as-built" CAD drawings based on findings.
- Authoring department Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Supporting large capital projects by maintaining all drawing responsibility during project execution.
- Creating engineering drawings, such as 3D modeling of process equipment/vessels, to support investigations or corrective actions.
- Coordinating with outside contractors and Architectural & Engineering Firms to confirm and issue Engineering Drawing File numbers and ensuring alignment to the Engineering Drawing Standards.
- Acting as a main point of contact for drawing questions and drawing requests.
- Ensuring on-site and off-site contractors are provided with appropriate Engineering Documents (design documents, P&IDs, specifications, etc.) required for successful project execution and providing supervision to contractors, as needed.
This role might be for you if you:
- Have experience with AutoCAD or related Autodesk Computer Aided Design software and drawing standards.
- Are able to evaluate drawing redlines/punch list items and GMP evidence provided and determine a path forward for drawing updates.
- Possess knowledge of engineering and architectural drawings.
- Understand project plans and schedules.
- Have an interest in training others within the Engineering department on Engineering Drawing Program procedures.
- Have the ability to prioritize work independently to ensure expectations are met in a timely fashion.
- Can communicate effectively across all levels of the business, both verbally and written, with a keen focus on providing exceptional customer service
- Have a solid understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, database management software, and PCs.
- Are passionate about working in a tight-knit team
Applicants should have an Associate's degree in Computer Aided Drafting or another relevant field. We may substitute relevant CAD experience in an engineering and/or construction industry in lieu of a degree. Title level (CAD Operator I-IV) will depend on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.