Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women's health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May 2020. In June 2020 the FDA granted Myovant a priority review for Once-Daily, Oral Relugolix for Advanced Prostate Cancer. If approved, relugolix would be the first and only oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist treatment to lower testosterone for men with advanced prostate cancer. A third NDA is expected to be filled for relugolix combination tablet for women with pain associated with endometriosis.
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director of Forecasting. The position reports to the Senior Director, Commercial Analytics and Insights. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director, Forecasting will oversee the short term and launch forecast development and maintenance for the US portfolio. This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining monthly and annual revenue forecasts for in-line products in support of financial planning process. The position will have primary responsibility for the development and ongoing maintenance of the short term (18 to 24 months) based model, and assist with the development of long range forecast models to support the corporate strategy and potential forecasts required for business development projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The position will conduct ad hoc analysis of forecast sensitivity which may involve estimates of monthly demand using daily, weekly data and/or level of risk.
- The individual will compile and analyze data from primary and secondary market data sources, and internal and external competitive intelligence to synthesize dynamic financial models.
- The position will be responsible for the forecasting assigned marketed and potential new products and will have primary responsibility for the development of new forecasting methodologies as business evolves.
- This individual will work closely with the Brand Marketing teams, Sales Management, Finance, Commercial Operations, Corporate Development, and other cross-functional areas including but not limited to Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Analytics and Insights and Manufacturing.
- Accountable for developing and delivering objective monthly and annual forecasts for in-line and launch products
- Support preparation of forecasts, and long range strategic plans by developing forecast models
- Challenges assumptions and applies forecasting methodologies to support the brand strategy. Creates, implements, and maintains the forecast model(s) that support the brand
- Drive analysis as required to understand key business metrics and the resulting impact on the forecast
- Collaborates with other disciplines, e.g. Analytics & Insights, Finance, Market Access, and Marketing to provide objective and rigorous point of view on forecast assumptions
- Communicates and aligns key internal stakeholders on forecast assumptions and outputs including qualifying the results based on the strength of the data
- Collaborates with Analytics and Insights colleagues to design and execute market research/analytics to support forecast assumptions.
- Designs and produces routine management dashboards, ad hoc reports and tracking metrics to assist the executive management team, as well as the sales and commercial teams, in understanding and managing the business.
- Analyzes proactively internal and third party data sources to project the business impact of trends. Makes recommendations for action to commercial leadership based on those trends.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant commercial analytical, forecasting or finance experience within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry; Launch product experience preferred, preferably when establishing new markets
- Experience in demand forecasting, uncertainty analyses, e.g., Monte Carlo simulation, higher level statistics, and systems modeling.
- Familiarity with gross to net reserves and implications on net revenue
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment and gain alignment across an organization
- Strategic understanding of pharmaceutical sales and marketing with the ability to identify market drivers, trends, issues, etc. Knowledge and experience working with industry internal and secondary data sources with an understanding of limitations of data and appropriate uses in forecasting
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate and align an organization
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, 'can do' attitude in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years relevant commercial analytical and forecasting experience within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience developing and maintaining trend based forecast models
- Previous experience developing forecast models strongly preferred (patient based and trend based models).
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and develop a team
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and gain alignment across an organization
- Ability to integrate primary and secondary market research data to inform forecast assumptions
- Knowledge and experience with of relevant internal sources (distribution data, market research, reimbursement data etc.) and external data sources (Rxs, claims data etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Familiar analytical techniques and applications to forecasting
- Excellent management, organizational & people skills
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity