About Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals LLC is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical group developing new medicines and treatments to treat blood and autoimmune diseases. The Company is developing several distinct and complementary product candidates, as well as a platform technology that it uses as an engine for novel product development.
Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals seeks an individual with a strong background in hematopoietic system development and/or immunology. The successful candidate will conduct research in the fields of hematopoiesis and immunology. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring their research project progression by designing and executing experiments to characterize the biological function of immune cells and the effect of drug candidates on the modulation of their function. Special emphasis is on the development of a new generation of synthetic receptors for programming hematopoietic cells. Research projects will be focused on therapeutic areas related to blood malignancies and severe autoimmune diseases. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential for the success of our company.
- Perform prospective isolation of hematopoietic cells for in vitro and in vivo experimentation.
- Develop methods of hematopoietic cell programming (e.g. chimeric antigen receptors – CARs).
- Work closely with company leadership to plan and execute project activities.
- Work independently, creatively and in collaboration with other members of the team to design and implement key experiments to address aspects of the basic and translational biology of cellular targets, link to human disease and validate the mechanism of action of drug candidates.
- Analyze, interpret, and present scientific data, draft technical reports, prepare publications and present results at internal and external meetings, including industry conferences.
- PhD and Postdoctoral training (1-3 years) in Cell Biology, Immunology, Life Sciences or a related field is REQUIRED.
- Skilled biologist with in-depth knowledge of hematopoietic system and immunity, capable of handling small animals, performing flow cytometry analysis and possessing basic surgical techniques and hands-on experience in tissue culture.
- Bioinformatics experience is a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and team-work skills.
- High level of self-motivation, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, goal- and team-oriented biotechnology startup environment.
Please forward your CV and cover letter, Attn: Dr. Vladislav Sandler
Equal Employment Opportunity & Employment Eligibility
Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment, as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.