Territory Business Manager (Upstate NY)
Rigel Territory Business Managers will appropriately promote Tavalisse to meet/exceed territory sales goals through their promotional efforts, focused execution and commitment to positively impacting the lives of patients. Priority responsibilities include influencing Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura (cITP) Thought Leaders & prescribers while building productive trusted relationships with members of the patient care team. Exceptional business acumen leading to the creation of clear, comprehensive business plans is fundamental to this role. A keen understanding of key customer’s goals and desired clinical outcomes in treating their cITP patients is vital to cultivate a partnership that anticipates then serves both customer and patient needs. Entrepreneurial resourcefulness and agility to react in a timely manner is essential.
The Tavalisse Territory Business Manager is required to be an expert on the patient’s clinical profile, the business of oncology and access & reimbursement. They will also serve as the “quarterback” for the broader Rigel Team, collaborating with their colleagues to build and execute strategic plans that will positively impact our customers and assist us in achieving our goals. The Territory Business Manager should have strong communication skills, excellent account management experience and strong, established relationships with target physicians in the assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding territory sales goals by influencing Key Thought Leaders and prescribers in assigned territory
- Responsible for building and maintaining productive relationships with all members of the patient care team in assigned accounts
- Responsible for quarterbacking Rigel resources to respond to and resolve customers’ needs.
- Comprehensive strategic business planning and execution through key accounts and customers to ultimately serve the needs of patients. The Territory Business Manager responsibility surpasses simple product promotion with outstanding sales skills that bring value as a reliable advisor to customers. Sales specialist must demonstrate product & disease state expertise; and product access/reimbursement expertise
- Consistent customer & patient focus is imperative for this role. Understanding the customers’ concerns and their approaches in treating cITP patients is essential in building strategies that truly respond to serving the needs of our customers and their patients.
- A passion for proactive, continuous learning on disease state, treatment of cITP; and the oral oncolytic access & reimbursement environment impacting our customers
- Business Planning mindset is innovative. Demonstrates agility and resourcefulness in responding to customers’ needs
- Listening; with an approach of “first seeks to understand” with all members of the patient care team to identify and understand their needs and appropriately respond
- An unwavering commitment to teamwork; sharing what is learned from customer dialogues with Rigel cross-functional teammates enabling us to be an agile, valued partner in serving our customers and their patients
- Utilize resources, adhering to budget needs and delivering strong results in a collaborative and compliant manner with integrity and passion
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Multiple years of experience selling in the Hematology/Oncology marketplace
- Excellent account management skills and established relationships with target physicians in assigned territory
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional results (consistently top third of salesforce ranking) in Hem/Onc
- Proven entrepreneurial skills with the ability to thrive as a territory owner
- Exceptional collaboration & communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequent travel may be required.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.