Sr. Manager, Commercial Assessment
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Senior Manager, Commercial Assessment
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- A Market Expert. You are a deal-oriented, intellectually curious professional with at least 3 years of healthcare experience who is looking to transition their analytical business capabilities into real world application in our investment decision process.
- A Creative Researcher. You should have solid financial acumen, critical thinking skills that combine excellent strategic and tactical thinking along with a solid base of therapeutic area knowledge. You will conduct research in pharmaceutical products and therapeutic areas, do competitive analysis, and build forecast and profit and loss models. You will possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, be flexible and open to learning/viewing things differently, digging deep to understand complex data, and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Success in this role could lead to advancement within Commercial Assessments or a move into Product Management or Business Development.
- Manage and review trends. Review market research, industry trends, study results, competitor profiles, promotional activity levels, messaging, pricing, scientific literature.
- Act as an owner. Develop and maintain ownership for commercial and scientific expertise of key therapeutic areas (TAs). Build the vision for what these markets might look like five to ten years in the future, including how changes in diagnostics, clinical guidelines, and new therapies, will shape the landscape.
- Act ahead of competitors. Develop competitive intelligence and become the key source of information on the project and the future marketplace dynamics.
- Manage and conduct researches. Conduct one-on-one primary marketing research and secondary data searches.
- Develop future product opportunities. Develop therapeutic area overviews, market assessments and forecasts for future product opportunities.
- Provide fact-based commercial analysis utilizing primary and secondary market research and opinion leader input to support go/no go decisions.
- Forecast product sales and profits under various scenarios that consider alternative strategies and risks.
- Collaborate and partner. Partner with internal stakeholders to align on key P&L assumptions.
- Provide P&L support for the broader commercial assessment team.
- Present findings and recommendations to colleagues on the diligence teams.
- An MBA along with a degree in physical or biological sciences or other medical background is preferred.
- Financial industry or strategy consulting experience within biopharmaceuticals is strongly preferred (e.g. biopharmaceutical investment banking, equity research, buyside or strategy consulting).
- Strong grasp of financial modeling (P&L) and valuation as well as pharmaceutical market dynamics.
- Experience in working cross functionally with colleagues.
- Marketing research experience preferred.
- Excellent, persuasive and logical written and oral communications skills across all seniority levels.
- Knowledge of clinical development, regulatory issues, and market dynamics in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Primary market research preferred: qualitative and especially quantitative study design, instrument development and analysis.
- Secondary market data and research reports: extract and analyze data from multiple sources (e.g. IMS, pricing sources, longitudinal patient data, syndicated reports).
- Comfort with searching and reviewing scientific literature.
- Desire to learn any therapeutic area, but experience within aesthetic or medical dermatology a plus.
- Project oriented with highly developed planning and prioritization skills and with the ability to work independently to manage workload and hit deliverables.
- Strong analytical and strategic skill set.
- Excel Proficient: ability to quickly build detailed forecast, profit and loss statements, and discounted cash flow analyses. -PowerPoint proficient: ability to quickly create presentations that effectively communicate complex ideas in story form.
- Highly creative, resourceful, self-motivated, and intellectually curious with the ability to independently structure and complete complex analyses.
- A team player with a positive, flexible, can-do attitude that works well with urgency and has a strong record of developing and leading solutions to issues.
For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.