Regional Director, Anti Infective - West Region
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Regional Director, Anti-Infectives (RD) reports directly to the Associate VP of Sales for Anti-Infectives, and will have direct management and leadership responsibilities for managing 6 - 8 District Managers (DMs) within their assigned Region in the hospital market. She/he will develop DMs' leadership and coaching skills to empower his/her team to succeed with individual and group goals. The RD will also have indirect management and leadership responsibilities for up to 75 Account Specialists working within the Region. This position requires a high-level of communication and leadership to provide strategic planning and direction to the Region.
The RD will be accountable for the sales results for their assigned geography including defining specific action plans to capitalize on local market opportunities and overcome barriers to grow the Anti-infective product line in the hospital marketplace. This includes responsibilities in the buy and bill market.
They should model and foster a positive work environment and culture that encourages the evaluation of emerging ideas to enhance organizational performance. In addition, this individual should demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Company and competitive products (i.e., package inserts, costs, product features/benefits, side effects, clinical reprints/studies) to enhance the sales process and drive sales results. She/he should translate function and organizational strategies/goals into clearly-communicated team and individual goals and expectations, ensuring all Regional personnel comprehend goals, roles, responsibilities and how their day-to-day activities impact customers/company performance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least five years' of Specialty Management (ie as a District Manager) experience with Regional Director Experience preferred.
- Experience in the hospital and buy and bill markets are a plus.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and dynamic leadership to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with direct reports in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Applies a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats and then determine actions to drive business and overcome challenges.
- Demonstrated clinical product knowledge.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills to balance multiple priorities.
- Skills to create and deliver formal and informal presentations.
- Overnight travel is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.