Sr Project Manager
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing development projects ranging from pre-clinical to Phase 3 or PPQ. This position requires significant customer interaction as well as co-ordination with the Development Services leaders including the Department head and leaders of the Drug Product, Drug Substance and Analytical Development teams. The Sr. Project Manager is accountable for the integration of the needs and requirements of the customer with the Development Services team as well as with the Project Management Office for Emergent's manufacturing sites. In addition, will be responsible for coordinating all activities surrounding the ongoing development and transfer to manufacturing including receipt of client supplied material, sample shipping, material shipping, invoicing and milestone tracking. This role requires leadership at the site level as part of both the Development Services and Laboratory Leadership teams.
Finally, the Sr. Project Manager will eventually be responsible for leading a project management team to support the growing Development Services portfolio including train new project management personnel, tracking and manage some of the department's collateral duties, and drive improvements into processes at the site.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the relationships with existing customers.
- Ensure the dissemination of the client requirements related to the approved quote or supplier agreement within the Development Services team, working with the operations leads assigning and coordinating the tasks related to the introduction of new processes/projects within the site.
- Coordination of the project progress, including: continuous contact with clients, managing the project team , tracking critical path and timeline changes and milestone tracking and status communication.
- Develop project plans and timelines with input from customers, appropriate DVS teams, and where appropriate manufacturing PMO. Schedule and track project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools. Anticipate potential project/program roadblocks.
- Define project goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with department leadership and stakeholders. Proactively manage changes in project scope and prepare change orders promptly for tasks outside the project scope. Establish performance standards and goals for projects including determining individual processes for meeting established goals.
- Responsible for the project budget, including: planning, cost/resource implications of the proposed work plans and tracking expenditures.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Lead project team meetings. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Where needed, working with operations and development team leads, delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel. Provide guidance to cross functional teams to achieve goals in accordance with established policies, cost and schedule guidelines.
- Host Emergent client meetings as required.
- Collect deliverables as required for the project. Ensure that all necessary project documentation is completed accurately, timely and in compliance with requirements.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with/within the project team.
- Establish and recommend changes to procedures which affect the department, site or area of responsibility.
- Work independently. Meet with department head and leadership team to review and measure performance based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Frequently interact with department head, internal customers and external contacts and/or other functional peer group managers and senior management.
- Prepare and conduct presentations of technical information within the department, across functional areas to clients, and to senior management concerning specific projects/schedules.
- Manage & track information for various assigned department collateral duties (i.e. on time delivery tracking, long term forecasting, financial audit support and response coordination; training coordination; etc.)
- Be a significant contributor to continuous improvement efforts at the site level.
- Maintain suitable information on department best practices and ensure dissemination and feedback to other project managers.
- Regularly present to site leadership in the form of update presentations or improvement presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Train new project management personnel as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or business; MBA highly desirable
- And/or a minimum of 7 years' experience in Project Management within process development/bioprocess manufacturing or suitable equivalent experience.
- Proficient in MS Project required
- PMP certification preferred
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.