Director, Head of Project Services
Reporting to the Head of Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) Capital Projects Delivery, lead the Project Services function within Global Engineering accountable for project services and project controls on all major projects across the PGS capital portfolio.
- Lead the Project Services function within Global Engineering accountable for project services and project controls on all major (>$10M) projects across the PGS capital portfolio ($1.5B - $2B annual spend).
- Provide Safety leadership within the network, working collaboratively with EHS, to set expectations within project delivery teams, including 3rd party providers.
- Develop and execute a plan to expand the Project Services function through recruitment of key individuals and appointment of strategic partners to support the PGS capital portfolio.
- Develop a best-in-class Project Services function covering all aspects of project controls including risk management, contract management, estimation, schedule/planning, cost control, governance & reporting, etc. Own the business processes and operating model within the Project Services function.
- Create and champion implementation of best-in-class Project Services Standards, Processes and Procedures that bring efficiencies and consistency to capital project delivery.
- As change agent and advocate, effect a transformation in the extent to which Project Controls methodologies are adopted throughout the network through education, visualization of value-add and demonstration of business benefit.
- Partner with the Director of Portfolio Management to develop and deliver accurate, timely and value-adding metrics & KPIs for the portfolio of major capital projects across the Pfizer Global Supply network.
- Assure that the site project services and project controls teams maintain strong subject matter expertise in project controls functions including risk management, scheduling/ planning, estimation, cost control, contracts administration, etc.
- Define long term project services requirements in support of network strategies.
- Apply new, innovative and untried approaches to achieve targeted performance and results.
- Communicate across the organization, working with a variety of people and cultures, to foster information and best practices exchange through CoP's, shared forums and new innovative methodologies.
- Assure that a robust talent planning process is in place in Project Services & Project Controls both within Global Engineering and within the engineering teams across the PGS network.
- Bachelors Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or related field required.
- 15 years of experience in Project Services / Project Controls required, covering all phases of project execution including design, construction, commissioning/qualification and operational readiness. Experience in project delivery in the pharmaceutical or other highly regulated sector is a considerable advantage.
- 5 years experience with people management.
- Proven team leader with a demonstrated ability to effectively implement business strategies and adept at working collaboratively within all levels of the organization.
- Chartered member of professional institution
- PMP Certification
Other Job Details:
- Last day to apply to job: 10/21/20
- Additional location details: This role can be based at a Pfizer PGS site, or is eligible for remote work.
- This role is eligible for relocation assistance.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.