Director, Medical Communication and Publications
Ovid Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OVID) is a New York-based biopharmaceutical company using its BoldMedicine™ approach to develop medicines that transform the lives of patients with rare neurological disorders. Ovid has a broad pipeline of potential first-in-class medicines. The company's lead investigational medicine, OV101, is currently in development for the treatment of Angelman syndrome and Fragile X syndrome. Ovid is also developing OV935/TAK-935 in collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited for the treatment of rare developmental and epileptic encephalopathies (DEE).
The Director of Medical Communication and Publications is a highly visible role, collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to develop, drive, and execute Ovid's medical strategies through high quality and timely medical communication and publications tactics, scientific activities, and medical congresses.
The role requires proven scientific/medical understanding and expertise, with demonstrated strategic thinking and capabilities in collaboration with Medical, R&D, Commercial, and the broader organization overall. The role requires strong communication skills, employing confidence and gravitas to foster relationships internally and externally.
This role will initially be remote, and can be located in/near New York City or Cambridge, MA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the execution of the medical communication and/or publication plan strategies, including scientific congresses, with an understanding of how these activities support the overall Medical Affairs, program, and company strategies
- Lead the development of strategic Medical Communication and Publications annual plans in conjunction with the OV101 and OV-935 program teams based on scientific and unmet medical needs
- Leads the review committees for Investigator Initiated Trial (IIT) and Scientific Research Agreement (SRA) proposals, monitoring ongoing programs and corresponding outputs (e.g scientific publications, study reports)
- Review and edit publication deliverables (abstracts, presentations, manuscripts) developed by vendors and external investigators to ensure publications are high quality and adhere to GPP, ICMJE, and industry standards
- Oversee and manage budgets of external vendors/medical agencies assisting with medical publications and communications planning, content development, and execution of activities
- Develop and maintain publication processes and SOP related to publication practices in alignment with GPP, ICMJE, and industry standards
- Collaborate cross-functionally with program team leads, R&D, biostatistics, Commercial, and other internal key stakeholders to develop and execute strategies and tactics
- Engage and develop relationships with authors, key opinion leaders (KOLs), researchers, investigators, and other external stakeholders
- Enforce compliance and policies in place for publication and medical communication activities
- Lead development of medical/scientific content for scientific exchange, and advisory boards
- Ensure delivery of high-quality, scientifically accurate medical publications and communications deliverables in accordance with established timelines, compliance guidelines/policies, and budgets
- Lead the creation of annual and long-range medical communications and publications plans and budgets
- Oversee internal and external medical communications related to congress activities
- Travel to medical congresses to represent Ovid and oversee medical publications and communications activities as needed
- Advanced degree (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D.) is required, along with prior experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical or healthcare education environment
- Doctoral level degree in scientific discipline or applicable health sciences field (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD).
- 10+ years of Medical Affairs experience
- Experience creating Medical Communications/Publications Department
- Demonstrated experience in process-oriented function in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in developing new services and programs.
- Demonstrated project management experience with a proven record of driving impact.
- Global experience desired.
Skills and Capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global and regional environment; strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Facilitation, presentation and interpersonal communication skills in a variety of formats (such as seminars, workshops, web-based training or podcasts).
- Strong operational and process ownership skills.
- Understanding of the global guidance for provision of medical services Knowledge of the IS/IT needs for global development and implementation.
- Scientific/Medical knowledge and technical skills in medical information provision.
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate with various roles within the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, conflict management.
*Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals w/Disabilities
Show more Show less