Territory Account Manager
Job Title: Territory Account Manager
Location: Munich, Southern Germany
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
- Directly responsible for sales objectives and customer relations of PacBio instruments and consumables in the defined territory.
- Qualify and develop opportunities within the territory as well as maintain and grow the existing customer base.
- Develop and execute territory and account specific sales plans that exceed assigned territory revenue targets.
- Establish and build relationships with key decision makers and economic buyers.
- Effectively work as a team player with various departments within organization partnering to ensure scientific advancements and updates are effectively communicated to the customer base.
- Utilize and maintain CRM system to effectively communicate within internal organization.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting territory instrument bookings and sufficiently documenting within CRM.
- Ensure annual sales objectives are exceeded and territory will generate continued positive growth.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Significant territory management and sales experience in high end capital instrumentation and consumables is required.
- Minimum 3+ years or equivalent direct sales experience selling into the life sciences and clinical research markets required.
- Understanding of the sales and purchasing processes and ability to influence customer buying decisions and navigate high capital orders through complex organizations.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of high capital sales success and continued growth.
- Scientific or Technical Degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as they relate to customer requirements as well as the potential competitive landscape.
- Strategically minded with ability to work independently and highly adaptable.
- Ability to work at the highest level within customer organizations is critical (President/CEO, CTO/CSO and CFO and other key influencers).
- Comfort and acumen for public speaking and the ability to deliver key presentations.
- Strong communication and partnering skills with ability to operate as a team player.
- Experience managing accounts in the DACH region preferred.
- Role will require a home office and at 50% travel at a minimum.
- Home office must be within proximity to a major airport.
- Fluency in German and English required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.