Scientist and Associate Scientist
RemeGen Biosciences, Inc
South San Francisco, CA
Level: Senior Scientist/Scientist/Associate Scientist
RemeGen Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company, focusing on the discovery and development of innovative biologics for the treatment of cancers, autoimmune and ophthalmic diseases, based in South San Francisco, California, and Rockville, Maryland. By leveraging our deep insights into oncology and immunology, advanced protein engineering/design technologies, and extensive knowledge in clinical development, our vision is to uncover the novel therapeutic targets and develop the best-in-class and first-in-class biotherapeutics for the patients with significant unmet medical needs. RemeGen Bioscience is a wholly owned subsidiary of RemeGen, a global pharmaceutic company specialized in autoimmune, oncology and ophthalmic diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced talent to join our mammalian cell culture group in our South San Francisco office. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team to develop novel therapeutic molecules including antibody and multi-specificity modality. The desired candidate will be working both independently and with cross-function teams.
- Scientific and technical expertise in discovery research in oncology/immunology.
- Develop and perform biochemical assays and cell-based assays for target validation, antibody screening and evaluation.
- Design and develop immune cell and cancer cell co-culture systems for MOA studies.
- Collaborate within and cross-functional groups, and CROs
- Continue improvement of the team capabilities by identifying and implementing new technologies and platforms for drug discovery and development
- Maintain a detailed and well-organized record of experiments.
- Participate in team initiatives and always remain open to learning new skills.
- Senior Scientist - Ph.D. with 2-5 years of drug discovery research experience
- Scientist - Ph.D. with 1-3 year of research experience or MS. with 4-8 years drug discovery research experience
- Associate Scientist – BS/MS with 2-6 years of research experience. Experience with innate immune system a plus.
- With experience/training in oncology or immunology.
- Highly knowledgeable in cancer research and drug discovery.
- Expertise in isolation and culture primary human and murine immune cells
- Expertise in design and performing flow cytometry-based characterization of immune cell populations
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular and cellular skill sets to understand target biology.
- Experience with antibody drug development is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.