Director, Strategic Execution
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
D irector, Strategic Execution (Allergan Aesthetics)
WHAT YOUR NEW MANAGER WANTS YOU TO KNOW:
"We are looking for an energetic, team-oriented professional, willing to jump in headfirst and make a difference. Our fast passed and exciting department is paving new trails in Medical Aesthetics and Customer Loyalty. Help us make a difference and achieve incredible results!"
Sincerely, Associate Vice President, Professional Loyalty and Pricing
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- A Strategic Leader. You assume the leadership role within Allergan Aesthetics providing oversight of the Allergan Aesthetics Strategic Accounts program which includes, but is not limited to, the creation and execution of customer contracting strategy, contract lifecycle management, and Strategic Accounts strategy development and deployment.
- A Collaborative Team Player. You will collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to support the creation and execution of strategic account plans for identified accounts with the goal of establishing long-term account partnership and meeting/exceeding revenue targets.
- An Opportunistic Leader. You will identify and qualify opportunities within customer accounts and deploy growth strategies. Accordingly, this role will facilitate coaching and strategy sessions as needed to facilitate strategic execution, ongoing team alignment and business growth.
- An Innovative Thinker. You will function as the central corporate Allergan Aesthetics point for communication and collaboration regarding Strategic Account Program planning, strategy, resource allocation, and business growth.
- Maintain Customer Focus.
- Develop and support the Strategic Accounts framework that allows Allergan Aesthetics cross-functional teams to develop a deeper understanding of Allergan Aesthetics Strategic and Contract Accounts. This framework includes the processes and tools required to collect and monitor the pressures, business drivers, objectives, and plans, of Allergan Aesthetics Strategic Accounts.
- Maintain working knowledge of Strategic Accounts' business model, including their strategic goals and objectives, position within their markets and their most significant competitors.
- Build a network of trust-based relationships with key internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of value co-creation, co-innovation, and contract lifecycle management.
- Evaluate and assess account needs and requirements on an ongoing basis and engage cross-functional account teams in collaborative discussions to explore possibilities and potential areas of opportunity.
- Maintain Strategic Focus.
- Monitor and maintain the key elements of the Allergan Aesthetics Strategic Accounts Program.
- Monitor and maintain Allergan Aesthetics Contract Lifecycle Management processes.
- Lead the development and deployment of effective account plans that are realistic, properly resourced and appropriately sponsored, by both Allergan Aesthetics and customers.
- Develop and implement strategies that differentiate Allergan Aesthetics from other manufacturers while evolving our engagement with key/strategic accounts to higher levels of effectiveness.
- Conduct and facilitate ongoing collaborative strategy and visioning sessions with key internal and external stakeholders to drive co-discovery of new opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to ensure that strategic account planning processes and best practices are properly and effectively implemented and deployed.
- Act as a Leader when Partnering.
- As the corporate liaison, build and grow strong trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders, sponsors and supporters by understanding what matters most to them and engaging in ways that positively supports Allergan Aesthetics' overall relationship and credibility with them.
- Engage collaboratively with account stakeholders , sponsors and supporters and facilitate appropriate inclusion of Allergan Aesthetics cross-functional team members for the purpose of understanding what matters most to them and pursuing new opportunities.
- Develop and grow a network of stakeholder relationships within Allergan Aesthetics and AbbVie by effectively aligning the cross-functional team with mutually determined goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership in communicating, brainstorming and presenting account strategies with members of the Allergan cross-functional team.
- Lead the cross-functional team in developing and communicating effective strategies based on compelling account-specific value propositions that result in new opportunities with key/strategic accounts.
- Execute effectively while making an impact.
- Partner with field teams to assist with the execution of strategic account plans. Provide support to field teams through the collaborative development and implementation of account level action plans that achieve mutual goals, with both a short-term/opportunity focus, as well as a longer-term focus on the "bigger picture" of Allergan Aesthetics' Global Priorities.
- Proactively deploy tactics that support account strategies by setting realistic expectations and driving execution of action plans developed by the Allergan Aesthetics cross-functional team.
- Provide the framework and structure thereby allowing field teams to keep account plans current, focused, and realistic. Ensure tactics are properly executed to achieve mutually agreed goals.
- Establish realistic priorities for account projects and initiatives and effectively manage deadlines, ensuring that important details aren't missed due to conflicting priorities.
- Understand internal processes and procedures, and leverage relevant resources, in order to ensure that the efficient delivery of account plan objectives meets both Allergan and accounts standards and complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Allergan Aesthetics/AbbVie policies.
- Understand and manage the contractual agreements with accounts, in collaboration with the a cross-functional team including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Field Sales, Marketing and other internal department.
- BS/BA, MBA preferred
- Minimum of seven years+ experience in cross-functional team management, project management, operations management and/or commercial execution
- Strong analytics experience
- Brand management experience a plus
- Experience in Medical Aesthetics a plus
- Proven experience working in complex environments with a track record of meeting and exceeding commercial targets
- Presentation skills across a variety of organization levels and disciplines, including senior executives
- Strong collaboration/relationship-building skills and ability to engage across multiple functions
- Business ownership mindset, the will to win and a self-starter
- Excellent analytical skills (e.g., market and competitive dynamics and business performance), including development of financial forecast models, demand plan models and other forecast models that may be required
- Superb communication skills required to gain internal support for strategic and tactical initiatives, and the ability to gain group consensus in a team environment that values industry knowledge, analytics and data-based decisions
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Ability to travel up to 30%. Overnight travel may be required.
For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.