Territory Account Manager
Territory Account Manager
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
- Directly responsible for sales of PacBio instruments and consumables in the defined territory.
- Exceed annual sales objectives and develop a sufficient pipeline of future opportunities to ensure ongoing territory growth.
- Qualify and develop new opportunities within the territory while utilizing account management and customer relationship building skills to maintain and grow the existing customer base.
- Develop and execute territory and account specific sales plans that align with corporate objectives.
- Establish and build relationships with key decision makers and economic buyers.
- Work cooperatively with various departments within the organization to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and advancements are effectively communicated to the customer base.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and communication with field and internal personnel.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Significant capital equipment sales and territory management experience is required, with in depth knowledge of Canadian funding and procurement processes.
- Minimum 3+ years or equivalent direct sales experience selling into the life sciences and/or clinical research markets required. Experience with genomics products preferred.
- Understanding of complex sales and purchasing processes.
- Ability to influence customer buying decisions and navigate high value orders through complex organizations.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of consistent sales achievement and territory growth.
- Scientific or technical degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as they relate to customer requirements in target market segments.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- Proficiency working at the highest levels within customer organizations is critical (President/CEO, CTO/CSO and CFO and other key influencers).
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to handle objections and communicate both technical and business arguments.
- Highly networked with experience managing accounts in the defined geography strongly preferred.
- Role will require a home office and 50% travel at a minimum.
- Home office must be within proximity to a major airport, Vancouver, Montreal, or Toronto area preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.