Sequencing Sales Specialist
Title: Sales Specialist - Middle East
Location: Middle East / Saudi / UAE / Qatar
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
- Responsible for the sales objectives and customer/distributor relations of PacBio instruments in the defined territory
- Qualify and develop opportunities in conjunction with the distributor partners and individually across the region
- Maintain high level relationships with existing customers
- Write a business plan in conjunction with the Manager of Distributor Sales and execute these plans to exceed the assigned revenue targets
- Uncover and build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) in the region
- Work in a close contact with the authorized distributors in the region to ensure all scientific advancements and updates are communicated
- Keep the Manager of Distributor Network fully informed of all opportunities via CRM and regular meetings
- Use and maintain the company CRM system (SFDC)
- Accurately forecast all instrument bookings on territory following company requirements on CRM
- Responsible for ensuring sales targets are met in the defined territory
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Significant and proven territory management and sales experience in high end capital equipment and consumables is essential
- Minimum of 3 years successful direct sales experience into the Life Science and Clinical Research markets is required
- Clear understanding of the sales and purchasing processes in the Middle East Territory and have the ability to assist the distributors in influencing customer buying decisions.
- Understand the tender processes used in the Middle East and be well versed in navigating the local requirements through complex organisations
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as they relate to customer requirements as well as keep fully up to date with competitor’s offerings
- Ability to work at the highest level within customer/distributor organisations (Professors/CEO/CSO/CFO and other key influencers
- Experience in managing accounts and working with distributors in the Middle East is essential
- Be of a competitive nature as well as a strong team player
- Scientific or Technical degree is required with an advanced degree preferred
- Have the ability to work independently and be highly adaptable to change
- Acumen for public speaking and ability to deliver key presentations when required either independently or on behalf of the distributors
- The role will be home based with a minimum of 60% travel required
- Home office to be located within proximity of a major airport
- Fluency in English essential with Arabic an advantage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.