Sequencing Application Sales Specialist
Title: Sequencing Application Sales Specialist
USA: Southeast USA. Washington DC, RTP, Atlanta.
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed revenue targets from sales of PacBio sequencing reagents and consumables in the defined territory.
- Execute territory and account specific sales plans that align with corporate objectives.
- Create, qualify, and close new business opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with various departments within the organization to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and advancements are effectively communicated to the customer base.
- Create and deliver high quality presentations, plan projects, and drive product sales.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and communication with field and internal personnel.
- Serve as a valued technical consultant in order to understand customer needs and propose solutions accordingly.
- Customer focus: Maintain and develop relationships with key customers and references while representing the company with professionalism and integrity.
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum 2+ years or equivalent direct sales experience selling into the life sciences and/or clinical research markets required. Experience with genomics products preferred.
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science within a life science subject – advanced degree preferred.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of consistent sales achievement and territory growth.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as they relate to customer requirements in target market segments.
- Role will require a home office and 75% travel at a minimum.
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to handle objections and communicate both technical and business arguments.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills in both pre- and post-sales environments.
- Highly networked with experience managing accounts in the defined geography strongly preferred
- Experience in molecular genetics, molecular biology and laboratory techniques.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.