Director, Inclusion and Diversity
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Responsible for the development of the Inclusion & Diversity strategy and programs to ensure the optimal attraction, development and retention of diverse talent. Ensures Inclusion and Diversity principals are embedded into multiple HR Functions and processes, such as Overall HR Strategy, Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Performance Management and Workplace Culture in line with DSI's strategic vision. Engage leaders across the organization to further I&D priorities and look for opportunities to embed I&D concepts and efforts within the business.
- Responsible for development and execution of an Inclusion and Diversity strategic plan
- Responsible for translating industry and best practice trends into scalable I &D initiatives. Ability to present on trends and I&D strategy to senior leadership to obtain alignment and commitment on initiatives and goals. This strategic work includes programs to enhance our internal and external I&D brand
- Utilizes metrics to assess workforce demographic trends to ensure diversity and inclusion goals are being met; Engage with leadership to build and track organizational I&D scorecard
- Identifies and executes on DSI's short- and long-term diversity and inclusion objectives and priorities
- Accountable for identifying and partnering with key external groups to build DSI reputation as leading diverse employer
- Identifies Daiichi Sankyo's diversity and inclusion needs and developing an infrastructure, programs, policies and initiatives that meet those needs
- Build and manage, in partnership with employee volunteers, Business and Employee Resource Groups
- Responsible for developing initiatives in conjunction with all areas of HR and in partnership with business functions to support diversity and inclusion at DSI
- Works closely with Learning and Development Manager to develop training and coaching programs for managers and employees on diversity and inclusion policies
- Plans and executes diversity and inclusion focused programs such as monthly cultural events, professional development and diversity networks
- Partners with the Head of Employee relations on EEO and affirmative action programs
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a Diversity and Inclusion role (or related field)
- Ability to translate metrics, research and trends into strategy into discernable strategic initiatives and measurable actions
- Expert knowledge of best practices regarding Inclusion and Diversity initiatives in the market
- Extensive experience designing and executing new programs and processes
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Director, Inclusion and Diversity