MBA Intern - Commercial Leadership Program (Summer 2021)
Amgen is the world's leading biotechnology company. Cultivated on a foundation of strong values, Amgen is deeply rooted in science and innovation to transform new ideas and discoveries into medicines for patients with serious illnesses. Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives. Our mission is to serve patients, and we encompass this with each initiative, goal and task we have in mind!
We are seeking hardworking individuals to join the Global Commercial Organization as a summer graduate intern. This outstanding internship provides an understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry today as well as the challenges and opportunities that will drive the development of new medicines in the future. This internship will be approximately 10-13 weeks that includes both project- based and experiential learning. Amgen provides a state-of-the-art workspace and promotes collaboration with senior leadership through a series of formal and informal events. Interns are encouraged to spend the summer participating in activities and networking with staff across the organization.
The intern will work with us as a team member on one of our in-line or pipeline product brand teams, focused on an assignment that addresses a current business priority. The project will afford an opportunity to apply business acumen and experience to addressing a real-time business opportunity. The individual will collaborate closely with their team to develop deep project expertise that they will then use toward both developing and delivering formal business recommendations to internal partners at the conclusion of the summer project.
The Amgen Commercial Leadership Program or "CLP" is a career opportunity for individuals interested in continuing their professional development after receiving their MBA and in becoming a key contributor at Amgen. Positions offered through this program vary across Amgen's Global Commercial Operations (GCO) organization. Potential assignments include sales, marketing promotion, marketing research, strategy & planning, access & reimbursement, market development, global licensing, global marketing, and corporate accounts. The location of the sales rotation assignment will be determined based on company needs at the time of hire, which requires that the candidate be geographically flexible for this assignment. Travel to locations such as doctor's offices, clinics and hospitals is also required. If this opportunity interests you, and you're driven to have a deeper meaning behind the job, we are ready for you to join our team!
The summer experience offers competitive compensation and limited relocation housing and/or transportation allowance for eligible candidates.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an internship or a co-op assignment to meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA program before internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Minimum three years of work experience, with at least 6 months U.S. based experience
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or health care industry experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: sales/marketing, international work, consulting
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact well with all levels of management
- Meaningful leadership experience and skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team and matrix environment
- The ability to effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with both internal and external customers and/or stakeholders
- Proven analytical, quantitative, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Receptivity to coaching and feedback from management and peers
- Ability to deliver results within ambitious timelines and amidst contending priorities
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.