Head of People
Organization Neurona Therapeutics
Position Head of People
Location San Francisco Bay Area
Neurona Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in South San Francisco created to develop cell-based therapies for neurological diseases.
Our Management Team is seeking an experienced Head of People to join us as the key Human Resources and operational business partner for the organization.
- Develop the people strategy to support the company's business and corporate objectives.
- Build strong and effective relationships with the management team, managers and employees to become a trusted partner and coach throughout the organization.
- Identify gaps in culture, training and development, performance management and HR processes, and develop strategies and timelines to address these gaps based on business objectives.
- Lead, build and implement best practices in Human Resources to attract and retain talent and be competitive in the market; Lead company's recruitment program and provide support to hiring managers.
- Manage all aspects of the company's Total Rewards programs including compensation and health and welfare benefits.
- Ensure HR processes are current and manage compliance with federal and state HR laws and regulations.
- Lead annual performance review process.
- Participate on teams, committees and special projects to help make a difference in the organization and establish a high performing and thriving company culture.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters' Degree, PHR-CA or SPHR Certification preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources and experience in leading a Human Resources Department; Biotech and public company experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to analyze data.
- Excellent leadership, management, and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational and people skills, and an ability to work both autonomously and as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present and communicate effectively at Board meetings.
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Able to juggle tactical and strategic priorities while maintaining clear focus on objectives.
- Results-driven professional that can produce outcomes with a focus on critical business demands while building trust, influencing and managing upwards and across the organization.
- An ability to quickly integrate into a culture and continue to cultivate an open door and open communication environment with a fun style and exceptionally high emotional intelligence.
- Strong moral compass and the ability to provide ethical guidance to business partners.
Neurona Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.