We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, collaborative Scientist to join our research group dedicated to the discovery and development of novel oncology therapeutics. The position initially will primarily support cell biology and tumor biology studies. Experience with antibodies and antibody-drug-conjugates (ADC) a plus.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the foundational science and culture of a biotech start-up backed by an experienced management team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in one or more areas of responsibility listed below, the willingness and drive to learn new technical skills, solid critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and the desire to witness and drive the growth of a new company from the ground up. Title, compensation and scope of duties will be tailored to the successful candidate’s experience.
- Design and execution of in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays characterizing early stage ADC oncology therapeutic candidates
- Novel assay development and refinement
- Data analysis and interpretation using standard methods and software (e.g. Prism, FloJo, etc.)
- Work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment
- Mammalian cancer cell line, m cataloging and maintenance
- Laboratory equipment acquisition and maintenance
Responsibilities may also include
- Creation of novel engineered cancer cell lines
- Transfection & production of antibodies and other proteins from mammalian cells
- Protein purification by chromatography – affinity, IEX, SEC.
- Protein characterization (affinity determination, competitive binding assays, epitope determination) by plate-based methods (ELISA)
- Protein conjugation chemistry and QC
- BS in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related science with 4+ years or MSc with 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, cell-based flow cytometry and cytotoxicity assays and in vitro molecular biology assays
- Tumor biology including cell line xenograft and/or PDX models in oncology setting.
- Experience with transient mammalian (CHO and HEK) antibody or other protein expression a plus.
- Experience with protein purification and QC (SDS-PAGE, SEC, endotoxin assays) a plus.
- Excellent documentation, organizational skills and teamwork/communication skills are required.