Scientist II, imPACT Clinical Pipeline
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist II in the imPACT clinical pipeline group who will initially report to the Director of imPACT to continue advancing PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
The person in this role will be responsible for leading a team to process clinical blood samples for the identification and isolation of patient NeoE-specific T cells, as part of the product selection process prior to the manufacturing of PACT's adoptive cell therapy product (neoTCR-P1) for patients. This process is performed in a GMP-like laboratory setting and includes flow cytometry, RT-PCR, and Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis of single T cells. The candidate would participate in process development and continuous improvement activities to reduce turnaround time and cost while improving the robustness of the imPACT isolation technology. The ideal candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Process clinical blood samples for the identification and isolation of patient NeoE-specific T cells to advance PACT’s neoTCR-P1 clinical trial
- Construct patient-specific reagent libraries
- Utilize FACS machines to analyze patient blood samples
- Carry out experiments to generate DNA library for NGS
- Analyze data and write reports to inform therapeutic candidate selection for our clinical patients
- Identify and implement process improvements focused on quality, turnaround time, and cost
- Implement and operate advanced liquid handling and robotic laboratory automation
- Become a process expert and mentor/train research associates in performing the workflows
- Partner with Research and Development teams to run research samples, custom workflows, and validation studies
- Ph.D. with 2 to 5 years of industry experience preferably in a production environment
- Experience with single-cell technologies, FACS, and next-gen sequencing
- Experience with immuno-oncology or T cell biology
- Ability to propose new projects, design proof of concept experiments, and lead the execution and analysis of the work
- Highly goal-driven and the ability to handle delicate experiments
- Experience operating within a formal quality management system. cGMP or ISO 13485 production experience is a plus
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
- Demonstrated leadership skills and teamwork
- Experience working with laboratory automation and liquid handlers is a plus
- This position will require flexible work schedules (Shift schedules)
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.