Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager
Arcus Biosciences is an exciting growth company founded on the vision of creating best-in-class cancer therapies. We are an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company leveraging its deep cross-discipline expertise to discover highly differentiated therapies and develop a broad portfolio of novel combinations addressing significant unmet needs.
We are located in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world's largest biotechnology research hub. Arcus Biosciences offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. Arcus is an ambitious undertaking, and we fully expect our company to become a force in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer. Our employees enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment in which the “rule book” has not yet been written.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively in an exciting young company. The Project Manager (PM) is accountable for leading day-to-day operations of one or more clinical studies, ensuring efficient delivery of clinical trials in a matrix environment. This activity is typically coordinated in conjunction with one or more CROs. This position will report to a Director of Clinical Operations. This position is remote or in-house, applicants should specify their preference.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Study Management Team Meetings
- Facilitate operational activities pertaining to the execution of Ph I-IV clinical trials from study start through close-out
- Primary contact for functional area representatives and vendors responsible for protocol execution
- Provide oversight of CROs, service providers and consultants that are involved in assigned studies
- May assist in the development and review of Investigator Brochure, study protocols, informed consent forms, case report forms, study plans, clinical study reports, study materials and tools
- Establishes study milestones and ensures accurate tracking and reporting of study progress
- Prepares study budgets and timelines
- Ensure studies are managed and executed in accordance with ICH GCP, regulations, the protocol and company SOPs
- May conduct site visits (in conjunction with CRO, if applicable) for oversight, site evaluation, initiation, monitoring, or close-out activities
- Participate and respond to Quality Assurance and regulatory authority inspection audits
- Responsible for and participates in service provider selection process as a part of outsourcing activities
- Responsible for selection and study specific training of CRO study staff, monitors, investigational sites, and service providers
- Plan and coordinate Investigator Meetings
- Recommends and implements innovative ideas to increase efficiency and quality of project management activities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a scientific field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Clinical Project Management experience at a Sponsor or CRO, preferably in Oncology
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required
- Flexibility and willingness to step in and be a team player
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- Thorough understanding of ICH GCP guidelines
- Understanding of clinical trial processes and experience in driving execution, from study start-up through study closure, (e.g., data management, safety, biostatistics, medical writing)
- Self-motivated, assertive and able to function independently or as part of a team
- Effective in selection of investigative sites, CROs, and vendors and management of external resources
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as strong verbal and written communication (including presentation of materials to internal teams and external partners)
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- May have line management responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to travel 10-20% (domestic and international)