Manager, Commercial IT
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Join us in our mission!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Manager, Commercial IT. You will work with the hardworking Information Technology team members in supporting our efforts and growth journey in this exciting new area of curing cancer with next-generation CAR-T cell therapies.
This person will work closely primarily with Kite's Commercial function (Sales Operations, Marketing, Forecasting & Analytics, Patient Services, Customer Experience) and other business units (Quality, Supply Chain) to deliver technology solutions to meet our critical business, IT and Compliance needs. This important role requires relationship management, business analysis, and project execution skills as well as hands-on technical knowledge for various applications such as Salesforce.com, Veeva Commercial suite, Data & Analytics, etc.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Build relationships with key business partners and become a domain and authority in the business functional areas for Commercial IT.
- Bring technology innovation to business discussions to enable business objectives or solve business pain points.
- Be the accountable individual for execution and delivery of technology solutions by leading across IT (infrastructure, shared services, developers, vendors, security, etc.) and business functions (Supply chain, Global Marketing, Commercial functions, Legal, Quality, etc.).
- Lead business partners thru the business analysis, project lifecycle and challenge their assumptions to find the best solutions.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects, Operations Teams, Developers, Technology Partners, and Quality Assurance on scope, solutions, constraints, and risks.
- Apply hands-on application configuration as needed and provide technical oversight for Commercial IT applications and own the operation and maintenance of key Commercial platforms.
- Analyze/document current and future business process and operational models - and be able to identify and recommend areas of potential improvement.
- Use your knowledge of IT apps and models to make and support recommendations to business partners, consistent with Kite IT governance, Confidential Data and IT/cyber security policies.
- Be well-versed in understanding of data integration models, developing system mappings, and analytics solutions on cloud-based platforms.
- Facilitate, perform and support IT system and user acceptance testing with other Kite team members
- Perform knowledge transfer and provide ongoing leadership to support project go-live and beyond (operations and support activities).
- Be accountable for Level 2 / 3 support and serve as an authority (SME) for multiple systems.
- Ability to manage multiple technology partners and IT services vendors in the delivery and support of high visibility IT projects and long-term initiatives.
- Communicate clearly (verbally and in writing).
- 6+ years' experience in a business system analysis role delivering multiple information systems projects.
- Biotech/Life Science industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce.com expertise (Admin Certifications) and Business Analysis certifications are strongly preferred.
- Experience with Veeva Commercial applications is highly preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn details of multiple IT systems, integrations and cloud applications (e.g. AWS, Dell Boomi)
- Knowledge and prior experience in Agile Scrum SDLC and release management
- Prior Experience developing and delivering technical architecture/solutions across various business groups.
- Experience in documenting detailed requirements artifacts, user stories, business processes, integration mappings and technical specifications for both custom and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) systems
- Comfortable in a fast growth environment with minimal direction and able to adjust delivery based on changing priorities.
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking and analysis, small and large group facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS models and managed services.
- Knowledge of Computer Systems Validation and GxP processes is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in thinking at a high-level but can get into details
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply today!
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.