Project Manager - Technology Transfer
The Technology Transfer Project Manager will coordinate and align cross-functional workstreams to ensure successful, on-time, completion of Final Product Technology transfers. The project manager will assist team leads in the development of project charters and technical project plans, coordinate project risk identification and mitigation, and manage team meetings and action plans. In addition the project manager will provide portfolio-level support to identify potential efficiencies across projects.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to deliver results and attain project goals/targets
- Deliver project goals on budget and on schedule
- Develop, evaluate, and manage business case and cost/benefit analysis
- Develop and use project plans to measure and report progress
- Develop plans to support organizational change management (including training and communications)
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders and sponsors regarding project progress, issues, and plans for resolution
- Prioritize workload in accordance with business goals
- Develop and share lessons learned and best practices
- Supports the Technology Transfer Lead by providing key project support to address issues as part of a team of engineers and management professionals;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, life or physical sciences; advanced degree preferred in science, engineering, or business (MBA)
- 5 years in project management or related functional experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Advanced project management skills and discipline
- Strong analytical problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to lead or support high-performing teams
- Ability to tactfully and effectively negotiate and influence at various levels of organization
- Portfolio management and reporting skills
- Proficiency in MS office suite including Teams, Excel, Power Point, and Project
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience, OR
- Master degree and 4 years of Project Management experience, OR
- Bachelor degree and 6 years of Project Management experience, OR
- Associate degree and 8 years of Project Management experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Project Management experience
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.