Senior Director, HRIS
At Retrophin, our mission is to identify, develop and deliver life-changing therapies to people living with rare disease. Giving patients a chance, providing hope, is what drives us.
Retrophin recognizes that our exceptional employees are vital to our success. We are a dedicated team focused on meeting the unique needs of patients. Our work is rewarding, professionally and personally because we are making a difference and we are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking talented individuals with an entrepreneurial drive who will thrive in our collaborative, fast paced environment and share in our mission to help others. We are headquartered in San Diego, CA with additional offices in Dublin, Ireland.
The Sr Director, HRIS is focused on creating and delivering high-impact, compliant HR solutions across the function and the overall organization to support business objectives. Will oversee the optimization of HR programs, business processes and policies using systems and technology to support a global high growth workforce.
- Responsible for the development of the overall global HRIS and other enabling technology strategic vision to achieve best in class performance.
- Ensure systems focus on global consistency, scalability and data accuracy.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of Workday solutions to meet global business requirements and is seen as the Workday subject matter expert in the organization.
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation and use of HRIS system(s) globally, including integration of systems where needed.
- Utilize technology to increase efficiency, promote employee and manager self-service and support a paperless environment.
- Ensure necessary change management efforts regarding systems.
- Performs needed HR transactions in HRIS and ensures adherence to all SOX requirements for HR transactions
- Work closely with Senior Director, Total Rewards and HR Business Partners to optimize HRIS capabilities.
- Will work closely with global HR to ensure alignment and bridge between two locations.
- Ensure compliance with all country, federal, state and local requirements.
- Utilize metrics and analytics to improve HR and business decision-making and provides business analytics and custom reports.
- Lead HR change through process mapping, continuous improvement and communication planning.
- Ensure preparation and compliance for internal and external audits.
- Work closely with HR leadership to implement appropriate business processes and internal controls.
- Leads and develops the HRIS function.
- Ensure effective transfer of information between Payroll, IT, Finance, Stock Administration, etc. in support of all HR transactions.
- Drive organizational adoption of system capabilities.
- Manage system change requests in line with existing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related area. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- 12+ years HRIS experience; dedicated Workday expertise.
- Subject matter expertise in Workday including HCM, Talent Management, Absence, Benefits, Advanced Compensation and Recruiting.
- Expert understanding of Workday security.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience and proven success in developing fit for purpose, technology-enabled systems and processes.
- Global system experience necessary.
- Expertise with vendor selection and vendor management.
- Significant Workday HRIS experience needed including prior implementation experience.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities with demonstrated abilities to think creatively and strategically to solve and answer key business questions/problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, with a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with all levels of management, colleagues and vendors.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage shifting responsibilities in a dynamic, cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
- Ability to adapt to modification and changes to project plans, demonstrating flexibility to implement new strategies and tactics to accommodate these changes.
- Ability to make both strategic and tactical decisions on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Experience in the life sciences, pharmaceutical and/or biopharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel 10% domestic and internationally
Retrophin, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer