Senior State Tax Analyst
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Senior State Tax Analyst will assist in the preparation and filing of state income/franchise tax returns, including preparing tax packages and identifying transactions that have tax ramifications. The Senior State Tax Analyst will also play a key role in the company's tax accounting processes each quarter. Additionally, the Senior Tax Analyst will take a lead role in developing tax research skills and will assist with tax planning, special projects, and ad hoc projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the preparation and filing of the state income/franchise tax returns, including preparing tax packages and identifying transactions that have tax ramifications.
- Must have the ability to research tax issues and be sound in interpreting and applying the tax law, regulations, and cases as they apply to specific transactions and factual situations.
- Prepare assigned portions of state income/franchise tax compliance work as directed by management.
- Assist in the preparation of the tax provision, analysis of tax accounts and reserves, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. This includes some knowledge of FAS 109 tax accounting and other necessary FASB pronouncements, as well as internal control issues.
- Calculate estimated payments and extension filings as directed by management.
- Assist with responding to State audit information requests and notices on behalf of AbbVie and its affiliates.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting/Finance required.
- 3+ Years related experience beyond the degree or Masters plus related experience.
- CPA and/or MST a plus.
- Public Accounting or Fortune 500 Corporate Tax experience preferred.
- Corptax software experience desirable.
- State indirect tax and/or federal income tax experience desirable.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.