Director, Program Management
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient's own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
The Director, Program Management is responsible for maximizing value of Kite's internal assets through best-in-class program and project management. Kite is looking for an experienced program management leader with a demonstrated track record of leading global drug development across the product lifecycle, leading program management professionals and developing / improving drug development business processes.
Are you ready to steer a product team for an industry leading cell and gene therapy firm? Come join us in our mission to cure cancer!
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Lead and run the Product Team(s) by providing multidisciplinary program and project management support to drive execution and development of internal and partnered assets
- Provide program management and matrixed leadership to Product Teams, drive progression of products through the cell therapy development stage gates, and partner with leadership and key influencers to align product strategy with disease area program strategy and Kite's corporate strategy
- Partner with Global Program Leads to develop and execute on product strategy, support the formation of product teams with representatives from functional areas, and guide transition of product candidates from research into development phase
- Develop and continuously improve Kite's cell therapy product development and commercial framework
- Employ standard methodologies and novel approaches to drive business outcomes and harmonize program management across Kite
- Participate in working groups within Corporate Development to resolve operational issues and/ improve department processes
- BA or BS degree and minimum 10 years of relevant (including program/project management) experience.
- MS or MBA and minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- PharmD/PhD and minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced life-science degree strongly preferred.
- Direct people leadership experience with demonstrated success of leading high-performing teams to functional objectives
- Expert knowledge of drug development process with demonstrated record in R&D program management in pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, or biotechnology. Prior experience in cellular therapy, and/or oncology therapeutics preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading drug development projects and activities in a matrixed, global organization including leading the development of at least one development candidate with adherence to quality, excellence and efficiency.
- Broad understanding of the multidisciplinary functions contributing to effective and efficient drug development.
- Solid understanding of CMC, pharmacology, toxicology, PK, clinical requirements to support major regulatory filings and the interdependencies between various subject areas (e.g., CMC, Pharm/Tox, PK, Clinical, Regulatory, Marketing, Finance) from a planning, risk management, time/event/cost point.
- Ability to assimilate data, recognize key variables, analyze complex situations and make quality judgements.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills along with ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional environment
- Must have extensive experience applying principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management and drug development
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.