Associate Director / Director - Program Management
Orchard Therapeutics is clinical-stage biotechnology company developing transformative gene therapies for patients with severe inherited orphan diseases. The company was formed in September 2015 and was named a Fierce 15 Company by Fierce Biotech in 2016. As the company has rapidly expanded its pipeline of medicines for primary immune deficiencies and neurometabolic disorders, we are looking to appoint an Associate Director or Director of Program Manager, to project manage a number of programs in our pipeline.
Working closely with colleagues in the Program Management and Program Leadership groups and stakeholders across all departments in Orchard, the role requires a highly resourceful, results driven individual with a keen analytical mindset, good knowledge of the drug development process and program management practices and strong communication skills.
The selected individual will be collaborating with other departments with a program focus mentality. The role will have cross functional interactions with: program leadership, pre-clinical, clinical, manufacturing, regulatory, commercial, alliance management
Key Elements and Responsibilities
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing multiple pipeline programs and will work with the Program Lead to develop integrated project plans with activities, timings, resources (FTEs & budget)
- Control operational feasibility across all Functions: define critical path activities & interdependencies, track progress & hold program team accountable for deliverables and timely execution
- React to strategy changes by highlighting & resolving cross-functional delivery implications
- Partner with Program Leader for program team operational excellenceCreate and maintain program tools and dashboards to provide transparency on program's operation and support of decision making
- Coordinate team preparation for senior management review meetings
- Monitor performance against budget and identify resource needs
- Identifying projects risks; review and assess mitigation plans, and, where required, lead specific mitigation activities
- Working with the Program Management and Leadership group and program strategy teams to implement consistent project management standards and tools
- In partnership with Portfolio Strategy, maintain consistent program analytics data to inform portfolio discussions
- >8 years cross functional Program Management experience in pharma / biotech
- A demonstrated understanding of the end-to-end of the drug development process from pre-clinical up to launch
- An awareness of the complexities of the drug development process of gene and cell therapies is preferred but not essential
Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding program management or project management credentials; a proven ability to lead complex, cross-functional projects, align key stakeholders and project teams on key objectives and milestones and agree on resource requirements and associated timelines;
- Outstanding command of Project Management tools, including PowerPoint, MS Project, Smartsheet, Excel; dashboards, etc.
- Ability to decipher interdependencies between Functional activities and to challenge/negotiate where necessary to define the optimal plan
- Forward looking to be able to anticipate potential future opportunities and challenges
- Initiator - able to draw discussions to a decision point and instigate clear action plan to drive results / advance the program
- Proven financial analysis skills
- A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives, whilst managing organizational ambiguity
- Strong academic background; undergraduate degree required
- Ideally a Project Management qualification or certification
Orchard is an equal opportunity employer. We recognise and celebrate the diverse culture of our workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees. We fully support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. We assess all applications on basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.
We work within the requirements of all current legislation and we implement the provisions of regulatory codes of practice in employment.
All employment offers and CV's are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.