Supply Chain Manager
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Engineer scalable supply chain and procurement processes for Recursion’s high-throughput automation facility as well as laboratory, IT, and office needs
- Partner with our scientific, finance and operations staff to ensure we always have what we need when we need it. This will require you to understand the science and technology that powers our platform.
- Implement technical procurement strategies, anticipate procurement needs, and ensure that we think strategically about sourcing for stability within the supply chain
- Negotiate with vendors to get preferred pricing and priority
This means that we need a technically sophisticated manager who excels at process engineering, looks around the corner, and jumps in to make things happen everyday. If this describes you, let’s talk!
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll become a key player on a highly dynamic team that supports and drives nearly every aspect of Recursion’s life-saving work. Creative problem solving in a fun team environment and the ability to define, build and establish a robust supply chain will let you leave your mark as we continue to grow! You will work by developing collaborative and cross-functional relationships throughout the company as we strive to decode biology and radically improve lives!
The Experience You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years experience in technical procurement, scientific supply chains, and/or process engineering
- Degree in engineering, molecular biology or related discipline
- Preferred MBA or APICS certification
- Track record of effectively partnering with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of planning and inventory management and documentation procedures
- Experience in leading and directing teams effectively
- Excellent vendor negotiation skills
- High throughput biology experience is strongly preferred.
- Systems and/or process engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in a highly dynamic R&D company strongly preferred.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
er applicable federal, state, or local law.