Data Integration Engineer
Fate Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Data Integration Engineer with biotechnology domain experience to deploy specialized integrations within a complex regulated environment across all Company business units. The successful candidate will manage the Integration from / to multiple
data sources (internal and external) into current and future data repositories (Databases, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, etc.). In addition, this individual will create and maintain the target data schemas that act as a target of Fate's business intelligence platforms. This position will manage the Integrations for cloud-based applications as well as on premise systems and will develop and maintain integration using continuous improvement / delivery leveraging the Agile development methodology framework. Fate is a data-driven organization, so the successful candidate will have a passion for acquiring, analyzing, and transforming data to help facilitate insight. This role is very hands-on and requires a structured mindset and solid implementation skills. Qualified candidates will have a solid knowledge of database design and integration and data transformation technologies. This is a full-time position reporting to the Data and Systems Architect and is located at our Company's headquarters in San Diego, California.
As a member of diverse cross-functional teams at Fate the ideal candidate will:
• Engage directly with customers to participate in design and development of data
integration/transformation solutions according to functional requirements from all the data
producers and analysts needs while always adhering to regulations (GXP, SOX, and GDPR).
• Integrate data in structured and unstructured formats including flat / delimited files, XML, JSON,
• Integrate systems that are on-premise, and cloud based using SOAP, RESTful APIs.
• Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications and unit testing of integration solutions.
• Support, monitor, and execute production application jobs and processes.
• Participate in the development of documentation, technical procedures and user support
• Minimum three years of data integration experience in a relevant domain/business environment (clinical stage biotech preferred); B.S. degree in Computer Science preferred.
• Working knowledge and experience in an FDA regulated environment (SOX, GDPR, HIPAA
experience a plus).
• Extensive experience performing data integration using platforms like Mulesoft, Boomi,
Informatica, or Tibco.
• Extensive experience with relational databases (any vendor) and ANSI SQL.
• Experience with Unix-based and Windows based operating systems.
• Experience with version control/SCM is a must.
• Experience with SQL tuning a plus.
• Solid understanding of concepts of cloud computing.
• Knowledge of Agile Software development methodology.
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
• Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques.
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
• 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
• Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties
may be required from time to time. For consideration send cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com and reference job 410SM.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company's immuno-oncology product candidates include natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell cancer immunotherapies, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens
with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). The Company's immuno-regulatory product candidates include ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.