Performs an accurate and timely closing of the accounting records, prepares the financial statements, and analyses of variances of financial results and communicates to senior management. Supervises the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions. Responsible for cash and investments reporting, general ledger, stock compensation accounting, Sarbanes Oxley, SEC reporting and tax filings and tax accounting. Responsible for the planning and preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts. Responsible for planning and carrying out broad assignments in budgeting and data analysis in project areas that include business plans, clinical programs, financial reporting, profit plans, product costs analysis and cash flow analysis. Develop complex valuation models for evaluating possible product acquisitions, corporate partnerships and alliances.
- Performs the monthly closing of the accounting records and prepares journal entries, analysis and reconciliations.
- Supervise the accounts payable, billings, Sales/AR, Inventory/COGS functions and continuously seek to improve the efficiency of the accounting department.
- System Administrator for QuickBooks Online accounting software.
- Prepare financial statements and project reports and provide written analysis of variances against prior periods and budgets.
- Responsible for the maintenance, enhancement and documentation of internal controls over financial reporting. SOX Compliance.
- Establish standard cost policy, inventory build process, BOM, overhead allocation
- Primary interface with external auditors.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and timely filings of SEC periodic reports including preparation of financial statements, footnotes and MD&A.
- Maintain cash and investment records including preparing cash forecasts and monitoring compliance with Investment Policy.
- Performs FAS123R calculations and related financial statement disclosures.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns and other statutory reports as needed and coordinates the preparation of tax provision and federal and state income tax returns by tax advisors.
- Responsible for the planning and preparation of the annual corporate budget and operating plan.
- Prepare and update short and long term financial forecasts.
- Establish revenue recognition policy.
- Create processes and controls for accounting department.
- Other assignments including ad hoc projects, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- At least four years public accounting experience.
- At least four years of supervisory or managerial experience in accounting within industry.
- Experience should come from development or commercial -focused biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies. Background with commercial operations is preferred.
- Comprehensive, strong working knowledge of GAAP and SEC Reporting, financial metrics, budget accounting and project accounting.
- Excellent systems and operational skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products, and knowledge of QuickBooks Online.
- Extensive knowledge of cost accounting practices, profit planning, business plans, budgetary controls, and profitability analysis.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret complex data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with demonstrated positive influence skills.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal and problem solving skills.