Sr Project Manager, Clinical Research Solutions
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage and control internal and client facing projects for the business, to ensure on-time and on-budget project completion that meets customer needs.
The Senior Project Manager manages multidisciplinary teams to task and oversees the production of project work across a matrix organization ensuring deliverables are met on time, within budget with high levels of quality. Responsibilities include: execution and management of multichannel projects through development of processes, estimating scope of work composition, budget and scope management, multichannel delivery expertise, team leadership and communication, creative problem-solving. Accountable as a client-facing operations position within Veradigm, able to clearly articulate every facet of tactical delivery to clients and Veradigm counterparts. Responsible for overall quality of work, deadlines and budgets for projects and accounts. Is a key strategic partner on all brand teams.
- Support Veradigm Health Solutions Management or other Veradigm Health Management by providing project management control on key initiatives, usually pertaining to developing and delivering solutions to market or to internal process improvement
- Manage a variety of research and development projects that deliver scientific studies, reports, clinical research or custom data products to Life Science clients
- Develop study management plans, together with team assignments and accountabilities and oversight
- Serve as primary project contact with Sponsors ensuring communication is maintained and continuously improved and reporting schedules are adhered too
- Provide input to line managers of their project team members' performance relative to project tasks. Recommend team members' further professional development. Support staff development while mentoring less experienced Project Managers
- Work with Project Team to define, estimate & schedule project work to achieve project scope. Provide a platform for communication and relationship management -- engage stakeholders for buy-in, relieve bottlenecks & complexity. Provide performance monitoring, information and reporting; help diagnose root cause of problems
- Identify and escalate critical issues in timely manner
- Ensure teams are taking corrective action as necessary to deliver complete scope, desired quality and timeliness of strategic programs
- Keep team apprised via project plans, meetings and discussion minutes of project tasks identified, tasks to be completed, and work not completed
- Mentor and train junior project managers and new hire project managers
- Support the clinical research network providing guidance and management
- Manage interdisciplinary clinical research projects, as Project Manager, leading the team to ensure on-time, on-budget performance
- Participate in proposal development leading meetings with potential clients with Business Development and Senior Operations staff
- You will support business development activities by participating in proposal bid defense meetings with potential clients, demonstrating your ability to articulate study design and lead a team
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) guidelines
- Experience managing the day-to-day operations of Phase I-III studies with an emphasis on Real World Late Phase programs
- Experience with the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) track of Medicare's Quality Payment Program (QPP) including performance categories: quality, cost, improvement activities, and promoting interoperability (PI)
- Effective mentoring and training skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to achieve appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- Project Management Certification (Prince2 or PMP) required
- Minimum 5 years relevant project management experience within a clinical research setting (i.e. Clinical Research Organization, Pharma or Biotech), plus at least 3 years relevant business experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in healthcare research
- Demonstrable project management skills, including influencing, communication and tracking skills, and planning and organization
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies, tools & techniques, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence
- Strong ability to collaborate with individual contributors to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions, and measure delivery results.
- Ability to work with geographically-dispersed teams across time zones
- Strong communication skills and ability to facilitate meetings with management, technical and research staff
- Ability to travel occasionally as warranted by project work; frequency will vary depending on project requirements. May require international travel as project needs dictate
- Work is performed in a normal office setting or remotely with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer, having meetings and on conference calls
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position