Lead Engineer of Scientific Computing
Our mission at Progenity is simple: to help healthcare providers and patients prepare for life. We provide the most advanced molecular technology and the highest levels of service to guide patient care at critical life stages. We continually seek people with the motivation and skills to advance our mission.
Reporting to the Manager of Cloud and Scientific Computing Systems the principal engineer’s focus is the design, implementation and operations for cloud and scientific computing systems. The principal engineer's role is to operate as a technical lead and mentor for the team to facilitate the overall system design and operational capabilities. Working within and across teams the principal engineer leverages their extensive experience in supporting genomic science customers and operational knowledge of operating cloud and HPC systems at scale to provide highly scalable and efficient computing and storage systems for our customers.
- Contributes to the design, implementation, and operations for scientific computing systems including HPC, scale out file and object systems, and other scientific systems.
- Implements and maintains cloud based resources and core cloud management to support the overall organization.
- Operationally supports and guidances for all supported systems and environments.
- Provides mentorship to team members and colleagues across the organization.
- Creates and maintains design, and operational documentation for responsible systems.
- Leverages experience to implement best practices for automation and service delivery.
- Contributes to a DevOps environment through tools, methodology, and systems experience.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Production experience with HPC, scale out file and object systems, or other high throughout data analysis systems.
- Extensive working knowledge of AWS and GCP platforms.
- 3+ years supporting genomic or other life sciences customers in production.
- Fluent in at least two of Python, Ansible, or Terraform.
- Familiar with Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Working knowledge in Kubernetes and Helm.
- Experience operating in a regulated, clinical environment and implementing systems the follow GxP practices.
- Self motivated and can work autonomously to seek out process improvement, efficiency gains, and to identify opportunities to delivery improved customer satisfaction and value to the organization