Manager of Cloud and Scientific Computing Systems
Our mission at Progenity is simple: to help healthcare providers and patients prepare for life. We provide the most advanced molecular technology and the highest levels of service to guide patient care at critical life stages. We continually seek people with the motivation and skills to advance our mission.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Scientific Computing the Manager of Cloud and Scientific Computing Systems' primary focus is the design and implementation for IT services supporting primarily scientific teams and customers. This role will work closely and collaborate deeply with our customers to create scalable computational and scientific data storage systems that facilitate the needs of our science teams across R&D and Operations. Additionally this role will partner across the IT organization to support the overall enterprise IT architecture and facilitate interfaces among business, process, and lab IT systems, emphasizing scientific computing systems interoperability with the overall enterprise. This role will also support the development and integration of cloud based resources into the overall portfolio and facilitate the self service capabilities for our customers and peers within IT.
- Designs and implementations for scientific computing systems to include HPC clusters, scale out file and object storage systems, and other systems supporting science customers.
- Implements and facilitates self service resource capabilities for public and private cloud resources.
- Delivers on key performance objectives for scalability, self service, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages a team of engineers supporting the development of these systems.
- Creates and maintains documentation for responsible systems.
- Supports the overall IT enterprise architecture. Leverages experience to implement best practices for automation and service delivery.
- Contributes to a DevOps environment through tools, methodology, and systems experience.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Production experience with HPC, scale out file and object systems, or other high throughout data analysis systems.
- Extensive working knowledge of AWS and GCP platforms.
- 3+ years supporting genomic or other life sciences customers in production.
- Fluent in at least two of Python, Ansible, or Terraform. Familiar with Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Working knowledge in Kubernetes and Helm.
- Experience operating in a regulated, clinical environment and implementing systems the follow GxP practices.
- Self motivated and can work autonomously to seek out process improvement, efficiency gains, and to identify opportunities to delivery improved customer satisfaction and value to the organization.