Patient Support Representative
Our mission at Progenity is simple: to help healthcare providers and patients prepare for life. We provide the most advanced molecular technology and the highest levels of service to guide patient care at critical life stages. We continually seek people with the motivation and skills to advance our mission.
The Patient Support Representative ensures that patients are well informed and updated on the status of their claim. This position will process claims, collect payments, and resolve questions about the account. The Patient Services Representative is responsible for contacting patients regarding their payment and assist with payment plans if necessary.
- Performs patient billing and reporting activities in a timely fashion.
- Reaches out to patients to keep them informed about the billing process.
- Addresses billing issues and inquiries from patients.
- Makes outbound calls in an effort to resolve the account.
- Learns, understands and identifies client/customer problems and recognize core issues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of collections experience within the healthcare field.
- Knowledge of Medical CPT codes.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. Must be willing to help others when needed.
- Must be willing to work overtime if/when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, using good judgment, and attention to detail are a must.
- Must be able to prioritize work, multi-task, and manage time efficiently