NephroSant is a fast-paced diagnostic startup focused on applying the founding team’s years of clinical research expertise to improve global kidney health. Our mission is to translate the deep scientific and pathological insights into best-in-class noninvasive tests to address the hidden epidemic of chronic kidney disease which affects more than 10% of the world’s adult population.
Because NephroSant is an early-stage company, this position would have the opportunity to collaborate closely with other R&D scientists, bioinformaticians, and clinical laboratory teams to ensure quality for features of our laboratory tests and support commercial launch and on-going operations.
- Optimize current assays to improve sensitivity and reproducibility. Develop new assays for future diagnostic products.
- Assist in transferring assays from the R&D laboratory to the clinical laboratory.
- Provide bench side leadership in the R&D laboratory.
- Train and help guide new research associates in the R&D laboratory.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 plus years research experience or Advanced degree with 3 plus years research experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel assays and apply problem-solving skills to complex issues.
- Experience with wide array of assay formats using different detection methods including absorbance, fluorescence, and chemiluminescence.
- Experience developing and optimizing ELISAs is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing assays for urine specimens is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have excellent trouble shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under tight timeline.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and ability to create documentation for protocols and procedures.
Not Required but Great to Have:
- Experience extracting and quantifying cfDNA especially with urine samples is highly desirable.
- Experience with lab automation is highly desirable.
- Experience developing lateral flow assays is a plus.
- Experience developing custom Ella Multiplex Assays is desirable.
- Ability to communicate across teams especially with bioinformaticians and statisticians is a strong plus.
- Project management and document control experience preferred.
- Product development experience in a CLIA setting or FDA regulated environment preferred.
Title will be determined by education and experience level.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and Development Programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO and a great place to work.
Thank you for considering this opportunity at NephroSant. If this role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you!