Sr Analyst IT Configuration Management
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
SENIOR IT CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Senior IT Configuration Management Analyst in our Information Technology - Infrastructure Department. The select candidate will have completed a Bachelor of Science in computer science, a similar technical discipline or will have comparable experience. In addition, the ideal candidate will have 2+ years of on the job experience with CMDB, specifically ServiceNow, familiarity with IT service management toolsets, experience in ITIL service Asset & configuration Management. This select candidate will have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and have the ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment. In addition, this individual will possess strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
The IT Configuration Management Analyst works to drive the overall quality of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) data by ensuring configuration items and relationships are accurate and complete by confirming process adherence and data quality against documented standards. Will be responsible for configuration management activities including identifying, analyzing and controlling configuration changes to hardware, software, documentation, and other configuration item changes. Will involve supporting the asset and configuration management process, building exception reports, and maintaining core data used by the asset & configuration management system.
- Maintaining an effective Configuration Management Process; including ownership, population, maintenance, & relationships of CI's.
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance and updating of the Configuration Management System and ServiceNow Discovery.
- Daily tasks will also include validating, reporting and auditing information on the configuration management database.
- Recommend process improvement to the Configuration Management functions.
- Assist with the design/improvement of change / release processes and procedures.
- Leverage thorough understanding of the business process and related information systems to create current SACM process map ("as - is" process map) and future SACM process map ("to - be" process map).
- Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas.
- Provide training and guidance to new department team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross training.
- Support internal or external audit requests.
- Translate the business and user requirements into system requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Standard or Best Practices within the SACM space.
- Ability to understand the design of ServiceNow Out of Box functions and capabilities at a detailed level within the SACM processes.
- Training of team members, internal customers
- Service Mapping (creation & maintenance of service maps)
- Review change requests to compare impacted CI's to service mappings
- Maintaining state of Infrastructure Qualification (IQP)
- Participate in or lead Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
- Monitor change calendar and blackout periods
- Monitor and maintain a CMDB Dashboard
- Provide input to identify opportunities to improve or reengineer the Configuration Management Processes
- Participate in other ITSM processes, or act as a backup as required to sustain operational activities
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Education, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a similar technical discipline or comparable experience.
- 2+ years of on-the-job experience with CMDB, specifically ServiceNow.
- Familiarity with IT service management (ITSM) toolsets, specifically ServiceNow.
- Experience in ITIL Service Asset & Configuration Management.
- Practical experience in ITIL service management functions and processes.
- Experience in CMDB Service Mapping and Taxonomy.
- Experiencing in CMDB Discovery Administration and Cloud Administration.
- Prior hands - on experience creating and maintaining SACM reports and dashboards.
- Experience with integrations of multiple disparate transactional systems across the enterprise.
- Experience with Administration of Asset Management within Service Now.
- Excellent communication skills.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Highly motivated self - starter.
- Adapt at working in highly matrixed cross functional teams.
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Interested? Please visit Success Factors and apply in the career section today!