Sr. Data Integration Lead (ETL Lead)
Data Integration Lead
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking an experienced Data Integration Lead for its Information Management Strategy. The Data Integration Lead will be part of the Information Management team and will be primarily responsible for designing and developing the data movements into the Enterprise Data Warehouse. S(he) will work closely with the IM team to understand Business Requirements, relate the requirements to available data, build an ETL framework, and automate the delivery of data to end users. This position is located in Gaitherburg, MD.
The Data Integration Lead is expected to have the ability to:
- Analyze legacy applications, understand business requirements and develop a future state ETL Framework
- Assess development effort in order to make ETL development resource recommendations
- Train and mentor Data Integration team that develops the code base for the Data Movements
- Design and implement a scalable release management process
- Have ownership of the ETL Framework and ongoing Release Management of ETL deliveries
- Effectively manage ETL code release process across environments
- Build scalability and performance into the framework design, and not as an afterthought
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Work independently
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience in a technical or business discipline.
- 12-15 yrs. of prior experience in the following areas:
- Good to excellent understanding of SAP functional modules (SC, MM, WM, PP)
- Delivering BI / DW solutions to end users in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to get tasks done
- 12 to 15 years' experience with following tools and concepts
- Databases such as SQL Server / Oracle
- Columnar databases such as Vertica / Snowflake
- Data Integration tools such as Informatica or Talend
- Processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Data movement and transformation technologies
- Version Control software such as TFS, CVS or GIT (preferred)
Physical and Mental Demands
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.