Scientist 2 or Sr. Scientist - Neuroimmunology
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Generate and test novel experimental hypotheses to advance discovery-based research and development including data analysis:
- In vitro Laboratory Procedures: Perform various pharmacology functional assays in human cells, expression analysis, protein assays, flow cytometry and ELISA/multiplex assays in a variety of human matrices desired.
- In vivo Animal Procedures: Conduct various IACUC approved rodent neuro-immune and immune pharmacology models. Experience in basic rodent handling, dosing (PO, IP, SC, IT, IV), in vivo and ex vivo efficacy measures, blood collection, and euthanasia preferred. Experience with inflammation, skin disease, pain and itch models.
- Be proficient in providing detailed reports of experimental results both oral and written and represent the group to cross-functional teams within Escient and with external stakeholders
- Research and understand relevant target and disease biology, maintain awareness of current developments in the field through comprehensive reading and analysis of the literature including understanding of the competitive landscape
- Train and mentor research associates when appropriate
- Aid in fostering a culture of authenticity, open communication, scientific rigor and integrity
QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or a related field with 5+ years of industry experience or M.S. with at least 8+ years of industry experience preferred to support small molecule drug development
- Disease modeling both in vivo and in vitro for skin and neuroimmune diseases is an advantage.
- Experience in tissue culture and human matrices, multi-parametric flow cytometry, multiplex ELISA, translational in vitro and in vivo functional assays with primary immune/ neuro cells and the application of these techniques to pharmacological studies required
- Proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on strong scientific rationale. Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Graphpad prism is a must
- Proficiency in keeping detailed records of all activities and must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a motivated team player with a can-do attitude who is able to multi-task effectively and be adaptable to meet changing priorities
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to use his/her hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. The employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to handle or feel; see computer screens and read printouts; and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee needs to be able to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting including in front of a hood and at the bench. As well, s/he may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and are in search of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team focused on discovering and developing therapies that will positively change the course of the health and well-being of underserved patients, we encourage you to apply. Escient Pharmaceuticals offers a positive and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits. Escient is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and CV to HR@EscientPharma.com.